Jun 20, 2010, 5:41 PM EDT
Here we go again.
Lady Gaga, who infiltrated Citi Field last week to watch the Padres take on the Mets and give a few inappropriate gestures to the crowd, was back in New York this weekend to terrorize yet another perfectly innocent baseball stadium.
Gaga watched the first of a three-game interleague series between the Mets and Yankees at Yankee Stadium on Friday night and traveled down to the home clubhouse afterward to visit with the boys in pinstripes, including third baseman Alex Rodriguez and second baseman Robinson Cano.
The Yanks lost the game, though, and Gaga was wearing a skimpy, lingerie-like outfit with her bra showing through a half-unbuttoned Yankees uniform. Oh, and she allegedly drank whiskey and groped herself while making the rounds in the locker room. How risque.
Gaga is almost certainly eating up the publicity and probably doesn’t care that she has been banned permanently from the Yankees’ clubhouse by Hal Steinbrenner. But for the sake of baseball fans around the globe, please, you no-talent Madonna wannabe, leave our lovely game out of your ongoing attention-seeking tour.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 2
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 51
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 16
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 26
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 30
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 84
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)