Jun 21, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Yankees manager Joe Girardi said yesterday that both Alex Rodriguez and Jorge
Posada are “day-to-day” for this week. Which is a problem because New York plays in NL parks over the next two series, so Girardi
can’t DH either of them.
The only obvious problem with this Yankees team entering the season was age and fragility, and that’s been hitting them lately. Luckily other players have stepped up and the Rays have slid back during that time. But the Sox are charging hard now, and if New York expects to hold them off, they had better get as healthy as possible as soon as possible.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)