Jun 21, 2010, 10:15 AM EST
Yankees manager Joe Girardi said yesterday that both Alex Rodriguez and Jorge
Posada are “day-to-day” for this week. Which is a problem because New York plays in NL parks over the next two series, so Girardi
can’t DH either of them.
The only obvious problem with this Yankees team entering the season was age and fragility, and that’s been hitting them lately. Luckily other players have stepped up and the Rays have slid back during that time. But the Sox are charging hard now, and if New York expects to hold them off, they had better get as healthy as possible as soon as possible.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27