Jun 21, 2010, 9:23 AM EDT
Jays’ infielder John McDonald buried his father on Friday. In his first at bat back — on Father’s Day — he hit a home run.
Asked after the game what was going through his mind as he was circling the bases McDonald said “Probably the fact that I couldn’t call my dad after the game to tell
You guys go on without me for a few minutes. Got a little something in my eye.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)