Jun 21, 2010, 9:23 AM EDT
Jays’ infielder John McDonald buried his father on Friday. In his first at bat back — on Father’s Day — he hit a home run.
Asked after the game what was going through his mind as he was circling the bases McDonald said “Probably the fact that I couldn’t call my dad after the game to tell
You guys go on without me for a few minutes. Got a little something in my eye.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)