Jun 21, 2010, 9:23 AM EST
Jays’ infielder John McDonald buried his father on Friday. In his first at bat back — on Father’s Day — he hit a home run.
Asked after the game what was going through his mind as he was circling the bases McDonald said “Probably the fact that I couldn’t call my dad after the game to tell
You guys go on without me for a few minutes. Got a little something in my eye.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 44
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)