Jun 21, 2010, 9:23 AM EDT
Jays’ infielder John McDonald buried his father on Friday. In his first at bat back — on Father’s Day — he hit a home run.
Asked after the game what was going through his mind as he was circling the bases McDonald said “Probably the fact that I couldn’t call my dad after the game to tell
You guys go on without me for a few minutes. Got a little something in my eye.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)