Jun 21, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Time to give Jerry Manuel an extension. He has fostered a positive vibe around the Mets.
– Jon Heyman, hopefully being ironic.
Note: I do this quite a bit and no one ever notices, but I do feel the need to disclose the fact that when it comes to tweet-quotes, I often do some slight editing for the sake of readability. I did that here too, as you can see if you click through to Heyman’s tweet. I know this is potentially controversial, but you can be sure that any changes I make in this regard are non-substantive.
For example, if I were to make any substantive changes to this particular quote, it would read “Time to give Jerry Manuel an extension. Because the Mets haven’t done anything psychotically self-destructive like that for several months now and wouldn’t it be great fun if there were to do so now?”
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?