Jun 21, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Time to give Jerry Manuel an extension. He has fostered a positive vibe around the Mets.
— Jon Heyman, hopefully being ironic.
Note: I do this quite a bit and no one ever notices, but I do feel the need to disclose the fact that when it comes to tweet-quotes, I often do some slight editing for the sake of readability. I did that here too, as you can see if you click through to Heyman’s tweet. I know this is potentially controversial, but you can be sure that any changes I make in this regard are non-substantive.
For example, if I were to make any substantive changes to this particular quote, it would read “Time to give Jerry Manuel an extension. Because the Mets haven’t done anything psychotically self-destructive like that for several months now and wouldn’t it be great fun if there were to do so now?”
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 139
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 133
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (135)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)