Jun 21, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Time to give Jerry Manuel an extension. He has fostered a positive vibe around the Mets.
— Jon Heyman, hopefully being ironic.
Note: I do this quite a bit and no one ever notices, but I do feel the need to disclose the fact that when it comes to tweet-quotes, I often do some slight editing for the sake of readability. I did that here too, as you can see if you click through to Heyman’s tweet. I know this is potentially controversial, but you can be sure that any changes I make in this regard are non-substantive.
For example, if I were to make any substantive changes to this particular quote, it would read “Time to give Jerry Manuel an extension. Because the Mets haven’t done anything psychotically self-destructive like that for several months now and wouldn’t it be great fun if there were to do so now?”
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)