Jun 21, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Time to give Jerry Manuel an extension. He has fostered a positive vibe around the Mets.
– Jon Heyman, hopefully being ironic.
Note: I do this quite a bit and no one ever notices, but I do feel the need to disclose the fact that when it comes to tweet-quotes, I often do some slight editing for the sake of readability. I did that here too, as you can see if you click through to Heyman’s tweet. I know this is potentially controversial, but you can be sure that any changes I make in this regard are non-substantive.
For example, if I were to make any substantive changes to this particular quote, it would read “Time to give Jerry Manuel an extension. Because the Mets haven’t done anything psychotically self-destructive like that for several months now and wouldn’t it be great fun if there were to do so now?”
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 1
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)