Jun 21, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Time to give Jerry Manuel an extension. He has fostered a positive vibe around the Mets.
– Jon Heyman, hopefully being ironic.
Note: I do this quite a bit and no one ever notices, but I do feel the need to disclose the fact that when it comes to tweet-quotes, I often do some slight editing for the sake of readability. I did that here too, as you can see if you click through to Heyman’s tweet. I know this is potentially controversial, but you can be sure that any changes I make in this regard are non-substantive.
For example, if I were to make any substantive changes to this particular quote, it would read “Time to give Jerry Manuel an extension. Because the Mets haven’t done anything psychotically self-destructive like that for several months now and wouldn’t it be great fun if there were to do so now?”
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 20
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 28
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 187
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (187)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)