Jun 21, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
This isn’t the most Earth-shattering news — the dude was 2-9 with a 6.04 ERA in 13 starts, and that doesn’t fly with even a terrible team like Cleveland — but it is notable for two reasons.
(1) I will no longer be able to use my old warhourse “minute and a Huff” joke in “And That Happened.” Probably for the best, though. I have to be careful not to get too Bermany with this stuff; and
(2) Now that Huff will be pitching in my hometown, I get to see if he has the stones to continue to warm up to Johnny Cash’s “God’s gonna cut you down” like he does in Cleveland. It’s ballsy enough to basically claim to be God when you’re in the majors, but doing so in Columbus, Ohio would be epic in its audaciousness.
Man, I hope he does it.
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)