Jun 21, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
This isn’t the most Earth-shattering news — the dude was 2-9 with a 6.04 ERA in 13 starts, and that doesn’t fly with even a terrible team like Cleveland — but it is notable for two reasons.
(1) I will no longer be able to use my old warhourse “minute and a Huff” joke in “And That Happened.” Probably for the best, though. I have to be careful not to get too Bermany with this stuff; and
(2) Now that Huff will be pitching in my hometown, I get to see if he has the stones to continue to warm up to Johnny Cash’s “God’s gonna cut you down” like he does in Cleveland. It’s ballsy enough to basically claim to be God when you’re in the majors, but doing so in Columbus, Ohio would be epic in its audaciousness.
Man, I hope he does it.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)