Jun 21, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
This isn’t the most Earth-shattering news — the dude was 2-9 with a 6.04 ERA in 13 starts, and that doesn’t fly with even a terrible team like Cleveland — but it is notable for two reasons.
(1) I will no longer be able to use my old warhourse “minute and a Huff” joke in “And That Happened.” Probably for the best, though. I have to be careful not to get too Bermany with this stuff; and
(2) Now that Huff will be pitching in my hometown, I get to see if he has the stones to continue to warm up to Johnny Cash’s “God’s gonna cut you down” like he does in Cleveland. It’s ballsy enough to basically claim to be God when you’re in the majors, but doing so in Columbus, Ohio would be epic in its audaciousness.
Man, I hope he does it.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)