Jun 21, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
This isn’t the most Earth-shattering news — the dude was 2-9 with a 6.04 ERA in 13 starts, and that doesn’t fly with even a terrible team like Cleveland — but it is notable for two reasons.
(1) I will no longer be able to use my old warhourse “minute and a Huff” joke in “And That Happened.” Probably for the best, though. I have to be careful not to get too Bermany with this stuff; and
(2) Now that Huff will be pitching in my hometown, I get to see if he has the stones to continue to warm up to Johnny Cash’s “God’s gonna cut you down” like he does in Cleveland. It’s ballsy enough to basically claim to be God when you’re in the majors, but doing so in Columbus, Ohio would be epic in its audaciousness.
Man, I hope he does it.
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 1
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 43
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (139)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)