Jun 21, 2010, 4:12 PM EDT
MASN’s Ben Goessling tweeted a few minutes ago that the Nationals were sending starter John Lannan to Syracuse. Then he deleted the tweet and said that it could be Harrisburg. He wasn’t sure, really, but Lannan’s locker was empty, so it had to be one of those, right? (UPDATE: it’s Harrisburg).
Either way, Nats fans are probably rather relieved that their least effective starter this year (2-5, 5.76 ERA) will apparently no longer be hurling the horsehide for the local nine (or whatever). The person most happy about this is my friend Megan who has decided that she has a crush on Craig Stammen. If it wasn’t Lannan it would have been Stammen, you have to figure, and that just would have killed it for Megan.
Joel Peralta gets the callup for the Nats. When last we saw him he was failing to get batters out for the Rockies last year. At Syracuse this year, however, he has struck out 38 dudes in 33 innings against only seven walks with a 1.08 ERA.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)