Jun 21, 2010, 4:12 PM EDT
MASN’s Ben Goessling tweeted a few minutes ago that the Nationals were sending starter John Lannan to Syracuse. Then he deleted the tweet and said that it could be Harrisburg. He wasn’t sure, really, but Lannan’s locker was empty, so it had to be one of those, right? (UPDATE: it’s Harrisburg).
Either way, Nats fans are probably rather relieved that their least effective starter this year (2-5, 5.76 ERA) will apparently no longer be hurling the horsehide for the local nine (or whatever). The person most happy about this is my friend Megan who has decided that she has a crush on Craig Stammen. If it wasn’t Lannan it would have been Stammen, you have to figure, and that just would have killed it for Megan.
Joel Peralta gets the callup for the Nats. When last we saw him he was failing to get batters out for the Rockies last year. At Syracuse this year, however, he has struck out 38 dudes in 33 innings against only seven walks with a 1.08 ERA.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)