Jun 21, 2010, 4:12 PM EDT
MASN’s Ben Goessling tweeted a few minutes ago that the Nationals were sending starter John Lannan to Syracuse. Then he deleted the tweet and said that it could be Harrisburg. He wasn’t sure, really, but Lannan’s locker was empty, so it had to be one of those, right? (UPDATE: it’s Harrisburg).
Either way, Nats fans are probably rather relieved that their least effective starter this year (2-5, 5.76 ERA) will apparently no longer be hurling the horsehide for the local nine (or whatever). The person most happy about this is my friend Megan who has decided that she has a crush on Craig Stammen. If it wasn’t Lannan it would have been Stammen, you have to figure, and that just would have killed it for Megan.
Joel Peralta gets the callup for the Nats. When last we saw him he was failing to get batters out for the Rockies last year. At Syracuse this year, however, he has struck out 38 dudes in 33 innings against only seven walks with a 1.08 ERA.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 35
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (351)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (190)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)