Jun 21, 2010, 4:12 PM EDT
MASN’s Ben Goessling tweeted a few minutes ago that the Nationals were sending starter John Lannan to Syracuse. Then he deleted the tweet and said that it could be Harrisburg. He wasn’t sure, really, but Lannan’s locker was empty, so it had to be one of those, right? (UPDATE: it’s Harrisburg).
Either way, Nats fans are probably rather relieved that their least effective starter this year (2-5, 5.76 ERA) will apparently no longer be hurling the horsehide for the local nine (or whatever). The person most happy about this is my friend Megan who has decided that she has a crush on Craig Stammen. If it wasn’t Lannan it would have been Stammen, you have to figure, and that just would have killed it for Megan.
Joel Peralta gets the callup for the Nats. When last we saw him he was failing to get batters out for the Rockies last year. At Syracuse this year, however, he has struck out 38 dudes in 33 innings against only seven walks with a 1.08 ERA.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 6
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)