Jun 21, 2010, 4:12 PM EDT
MASN’s Ben Goessling tweeted a few minutes ago that the Nationals were sending starter John Lannan to Syracuse. Then he deleted the tweet and said that it could be Harrisburg. He wasn’t sure, really, but Lannan’s locker was empty, so it had to be one of those, right? (UPDATE: it’s Harrisburg).
Either way, Nats fans are probably rather relieved that their least effective starter this year (2-5, 5.76 ERA) will apparently no longer be hurling the horsehide for the local nine (or whatever). The person most happy about this is my friend Megan who has decided that she has a crush on Craig Stammen. If it wasn’t Lannan it would have been Stammen, you have to figure, and that just would have killed it for Megan.
Joel Peralta gets the callup for the Nats. When last we saw him he was failing to get batters out for the Rockies last year. At Syracuse this year, however, he has struck out 38 dudes in 33 innings against only seven walks with a 1.08 ERA.
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 13
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)