Jun 21, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
Tracy Ringolsby reports that the Orioles had a scout at Colorado Springs yesterday watching Rockies’ prospect Esmil Rogers pitch. His take: that the Rockies could have an interest in the O’s second baseman Ty Wigginton and that O’s were thus scouting players they’d expect in return.
Makes sense. Wigginton has been one of the lone bright spots for the Orioles this year (.274/.361/.487), but he’s 32, he’s only signed for the rest of this year and it’s not like he’ll be around for the next good Orioles’ team, assuming one of those ever happens again.
Rogers is a bit unpolished but he has good stuff and would be a nice little pickup for the Orioles, especially if all it costs is 3+ months of decent production from Wigginton on a 100+ loss team.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)