Jun 21, 2010, 12:13 PM EST
Tracy Ringolsby reports that the Orioles had a scout at Colorado Springs yesterday watching Rockies’ prospect Esmil Rogers pitch. His take: that the Rockies could have an interest in the O’s second baseman Ty Wigginton and that O’s were thus scouting players they’d expect in return.
Makes sense. Wigginton has been one of the lone bright spots for the Orioles this year (.274/.361/.487), but he’s 32, he’s only signed for the rest of this year and it’s not like he’ll be around for the next good Orioles’ team, assuming one of those ever happens again.
Rogers is a bit unpolished but he has good stuff and would be a nice little pickup for the Orioles, especially if all it costs is 3+ months of decent production from Wigginton on a 100+ loss team.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)