Jun 21, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
Tracy Ringolsby reports that the Orioles had a scout at Colorado Springs yesterday watching Rockies’ prospect Esmil Rogers pitch. His take: that the Rockies could have an interest in the O’s second baseman Ty Wigginton and that O’s were thus scouting players they’d expect in return.
Makes sense. Wigginton has been one of the lone bright spots for the Orioles this year (.274/.361/.487), but he’s 32, he’s only signed for the rest of this year and it’s not like he’ll be around for the next good Orioles’ team, assuming one of those ever happens again.
Rogers is a bit unpolished but he has good stuff and would be a nice little pickup for the Orioles, especially if all it costs is 3+ months of decent production from Wigginton on a 100+ loss team.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)