Jun 21, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
Tracy Ringolsby reports that the Orioles had a scout at Colorado Springs yesterday watching Rockies’ prospect Esmil Rogers pitch. His take: that the Rockies could have an interest in the O’s second baseman Ty Wigginton and that O’s were thus scouting players they’d expect in return.
Makes sense. Wigginton has been one of the lone bright spots for the Orioles this year (.274/.361/.487), but he’s 32, he’s only signed for the rest of this year and it’s not like he’ll be around for the next good Orioles’ team, assuming one of those ever happens again.
Rogers is a bit unpolished but he has good stuff and would be a nice little pickup for the Orioles, especially if all it costs is 3+ months of decent production from Wigginton on a 100+ loss team.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 34
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'