Jun 21, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Tim Lincecum took a line drive off the back of his right shoulder on the final pitch of his start last Wednesday, but the Giants insisted afterward that he could have remained in the game had he not already thrown 111 pitches and sure enough his next start will come right on schedule.
Lincecum threw his usual between-starts bullpen session yesterday and reported no problems, clearing him to face Roy Oswalt and the Astros tomorrow. Lincecum’s velocity is down and he’s been merely very good rather than his usual dominant self for the past month, so facing the Astros’ awful lineup will be a good test for the back-to-back reigning Cy Young winner.
He’s faced Houston twice already this season, going 2-0 with a 0.60 ERA, but both starts came before his stretch of non-dominance.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)