Jun 21, 2010, 11:43 AM EST
Tim Lincecum took a line drive off the back of his right shoulder on the final pitch of his start last Wednesday, but the Giants insisted afterward that he could have remained in the game had he not already thrown 111 pitches and sure enough his next start will come right on schedule.
Lincecum threw his usual between-starts bullpen session yesterday and reported no problems, clearing him to face Roy Oswalt and the Astros tomorrow. Lincecum’s velocity is down and he’s been merely very good rather than his usual dominant self for the past month, so facing the Astros’ awful lineup will be a good test for the back-to-back reigning Cy Young winner.
He’s faced Houston twice already this season, going 2-0 with a 0.60 ERA, but both starts came before his stretch of non-dominance.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 16
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 18
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)