Jun 22, 2010, 9:25 AM EDT
A.J. Burnett didn’t have a great night last night: he gave up three first inning homers and was lit up for seven runs and nine hits without striking out a single batter in four innings. In fact, the entire month has been a waste for him, as he has lost all four of his starts and has posted an ERA of 10.35. What’s buggin’ ya, A.J.?
“I don’t feel like myself. I’m not having fun right now. Who
would in a stretch like this? But the game is supposed to be fun. When
you come out and take the air out of your team right away for a handful
of starts it gets quite frustrating. I’m going to keep plugging away.
It’s just a matter of getting on a good roll.”
When Javier Vazquez couldn’t get anyone out the Yankees skipped him in the rotation and let him think about things. Given that the Yankees are already giving Phil Hughes a break, there’s really no way they can make the same accommodation for Burnett, so he’s right: he’s just gonna have to plug.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (135)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)