Jun 22, 2010, 9:25 AM EST
A.J. Burnett didn’t have a great night last night: he gave up three first inning homers and was lit up for seven runs and nine hits without striking out a single batter in four innings. In fact, the entire month has been a waste for him, as he has lost all four of his starts and has posted an ERA of 10.35. What’s buggin’ ya, A.J.?
“I don’t feel like myself. I’m not having fun right now. Who
would in a stretch like this? But the game is supposed to be fun. When
you come out and take the air out of your team right away for a handful
of starts it gets quite frustrating. I’m going to keep plugging away.
It’s just a matter of getting on a good roll.”
When Javier Vazquez couldn’t get anyone out the Yankees skipped him in the rotation and let him think about things. Given that the Yankees are already giving Phil Hughes a break, there’s really no way they can make the same accommodation for Burnett, so he’s right: he’s just gonna have to plug.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)