Jun 22, 2010, 9:25 AM EDT
A.J. Burnett didn’t have a great night last night: he gave up three first inning homers and was lit up for seven runs and nine hits without striking out a single batter in four innings. In fact, the entire month has been a waste for him, as he has lost all four of his starts and has posted an ERA of 10.35. What’s buggin’ ya, A.J.?
“I don’t feel like myself. I’m not having fun right now. Who
would in a stretch like this? But the game is supposed to be fun. When
you come out and take the air out of your team right away for a handful
of starts it gets quite frustrating. I’m going to keep plugging away.
It’s just a matter of getting on a good roll.”
When Javier Vazquez couldn’t get anyone out the Yankees skipped him in the rotation and let him think about things. Given that the Yankees are already giving Phil Hughes a break, there’s really no way they can make the same accommodation for Burnett, so he’s right: he’s just gonna have to plug.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 4
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)