Jun 22, 2010, 5:45 AM EDT
Reds 6, Athletics 4: Wild. Francisco Cordero couldn’t hold a 2-1 lead in the ninth, giving up a Kevin Kouzmanoff homer to send it into extras. The Reds hit three dingers off the A’s pen in the tenth to take a 6-2 lead. Cordero then walked the first two A’s batters to start the bottom of the tenth and was yanked. The A’s end up having the bases loaded with no outs, but only score two — both on groundouts — and then Jack Cust whiffs to end the game. Thanks to the A’s massive failure, Cordero ends up getting what may be the least-deserved win by a pitcher this season.
Diamondbacks 10, Yankees 4: A.J. Burnett and his straight, deception-free fastball gets shelled by the Dbacks for seven runs on nine hits, leaving the outcome of this one without any doubt from the get-go.
Nationals 2, Royals 1: The Royals manage 11 hits but only one run thanks to two caught stealings, a pickoff and a couple of sacrifices. Viva small ball and everything, but you give away outs like that and you make even a tomato can like Livan Hernandez look good.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 0
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 86
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)