Jun 22, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
Omar Minaya said today that Carlos Beltran will begin a
minor league rehab assignment with High-A St. Lucie on Thursday. The location kind of stinks for him. He’s been in Port St. Lucie for months on end now. He probably wants new restaurants, ya know?
Anyway, Beltran and the Mets have to be pleased that he has finally been cleared to begin an
official rehab stint. The hope now is for him to make his return just after the All-Star break.
A month ago, the thought that he was needed back simply to make the Mets respectable. Getting him back in July, however, could make a big difference as the Mets try to make a serious playoff push.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)