Jun 22, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
Omar Minaya said today that Carlos Beltran will begin a
minor league rehab assignment with High-A St. Lucie on Thursday. The location kind of stinks for him. He’s been in Port St. Lucie for months on end now. He probably wants new restaurants, ya know?
Anyway, Beltran and the Mets have to be pleased that he has finally been cleared to begin an
official rehab stint. The hope now is for him to make his return just after the All-Star break.
A month ago, the thought that he was needed back simply to make the Mets respectable. Getting him back in July, however, could make a big difference as the Mets try to make a serious playoff push.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69