Jun 22, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
Omar Minaya said today that Carlos Beltran will begin a
minor league rehab assignment with High-A St. Lucie on Thursday. The location kind of stinks for him. He’s been in Port St. Lucie for months on end now. He probably wants new restaurants, ya know?
Anyway, Beltran and the Mets have to be pleased that he has finally been cleared to begin an
official rehab stint. The hope now is for him to make his return just after the All-Star break.
A month ago, the thought that he was needed back simply to make the Mets respectable. Getting him back in July, however, could make a big difference as the Mets try to make a serious playoff push.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 109
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 153
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)