Jun 22, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
Omar Minaya said today that Carlos Beltran will begin a
minor league rehab assignment with High-A St. Lucie on Thursday. The location kind of stinks for him. He’s been in Port St. Lucie for months on end now. He probably wants new restaurants, ya know?
Anyway, Beltran and the Mets have to be pleased that he has finally been cleared to begin an
official rehab stint. The hope now is for him to make his return just after the All-Star break.
A month ago, the thought that he was needed back simply to make the Mets respectable. Getting him back in July, however, could make a big difference as the Mets try to make a serious playoff push.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 90
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 63
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (94)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)