Jun 22, 2010, 9:51 PM EDT
Erick Aybar has been shut down until later this week after receiving a cortisone shot in his left knee on Tuesday, according to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times.
Aybar hasn’t played since suffering cartilage damage in his left knee on
a hard slide by Casey McGehee of the Brewers slide last Monday. The club will wait a few days to see how the knee responds to today’s shot, but it appears he’s headed for the disabled list.
“We’re encouraged that long-range, it won’t be an issue,” Manager Mike
Scioscia said before the Angels’ game against the Dodgers. “But
short-range, we might shut him down and give him an extra week to get
Aybar is batting .272/.336/.352 with one home run, 13 RBI, 11 stolen bases and 41 runs scored over his first 261 at-bats this season. Brandon Wood, who was activated from the disabled list last week, will continue to fill in at shortstop.
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 0
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 7
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 33
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 40
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 182
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (182)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)