Jun 22, 2010, 9:51 PM EDT
Erick Aybar has been shut down until later this week after receiving a cortisone shot in his left knee on Tuesday, according to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times.
Aybar hasn’t played since suffering cartilage damage in his left knee on
a hard slide by Casey McGehee of the Brewers slide last Monday. The club will wait a few days to see how the knee responds to today’s shot, but it appears he’s headed for the disabled list.
“We’re encouraged that long-range, it won’t be an issue,” Manager Mike
Scioscia said before the Angels’ game against the Dodgers. “But
short-range, we might shut him down and give him an extra week to get
Aybar is batting .272/.336/.352 with one home run, 13 RBI, 11 stolen bases and 41 runs scored over his first 261 at-bats this season. Brandon Wood, who was activated from the disabled list last week, will continue to fill in at shortstop.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)