Jun 22, 2010, 9:51 PM EDT
Erick Aybar has been shut down until later this week after receiving a cortisone shot in his left knee on Tuesday, according to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times.
Aybar hasn’t played since suffering cartilage damage in his left knee on
a hard slide by Casey McGehee of the Brewers slide last Monday. The club will wait a few days to see how the knee responds to today’s shot, but it appears he’s headed for the disabled list.
“We’re encouraged that long-range, it won’t be an issue,” Manager Mike
Scioscia said before the Angels’ game against the Dodgers. “But
short-range, we might shut him down and give him an extra week to get
Aybar is batting .272/.336/.352 with one home run, 13 RBI, 11 stolen bases and 41 runs scored over his first 261 at-bats this season. Brandon Wood, who was activated from the disabled list last week, will continue to fill in at shortstop.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)