Jun 22, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
Odd story over at Walkoff Walk today: when Mark Teixeira was a kid he was a huge Nirvana fan. So big that, when Kurt Cobain offed himself, Teixeira took to calling himself “Kurt.” Turned in schoolwork and filled out forms with his name as “Kurt Teixeira” and everything.
Rob at Walkoff Walk calls it “an unhealthy obsession,” but I think every kid goes through some phase of intense fandom like that at some point.
If you don’t believe me, just do a Google Search for “Kip Winger Calcaterra.” But understand, I was young and impressionable . . .
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)