The worst hats in the world

Jun 22, 2010, 1:11 PM EDT

Warning: if I catch any of you wearing any of the hats featured here I will likely assault you.  And I’m guessing that once the jury sees the hats in question, I will be acquitted.

Nothing personal against the good people at New Era — I love my Braves road cap and have even bought an alternate or a throwback cap or two in my time — but this is pretty hideous.

The question is where do you go from here? The only worse thing I can imagine is to make a hat that opens up at the top to reveal a giant spring-loaded hammer that randomly whacks people.  And really, there are even times that would come in handy.

1. BC - Jun 22, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I like this one better. I call it the Jerry Manuel hat.

2. Jonny5 - Jun 22, 2010 at 1:35 PM

What’s with Dolphins colors on a NY hat?

3. G2 - Jun 22, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Even if someone was forced to wear one of those to pay off a bet, they’re still historic dbags for even allowing the possibility

4. Jonny5 - Jun 22, 2010 at 1:36 PM

And I guess this one is for the conspiracy theory crew???? http://www.neweracap.com/nshop/product.php?view=detail&productid=NE-METTCOTS10-NYY&startColor=metallicsilver&page=viewall&hatGroup=87&hatFit=&groupName=MenMLB&searchBy=group&prevHatGroup=89&prevHatFit=&resetDropDown=hatFit

5. ThatGuy - Jun 22, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Those are awful, notice how they are all east coast and westcoast teams?(one Cubs hat excluded). Thats because anyone in the midwest wearing something like that probably would be assaulted…

6. Professor Dave - Jun 22, 2010 at 1:43 PM

I’m pretty sure the Cubs are actually an east coast team. It explains everything.

7. Buccofan - Jun 22, 2010 at 2:28 PM

The black-and-white Jays hat isn’t so bad as casual wear. The rest of them–ugh. Plaid just doesn’t go with baseball hats, or baseball.

8. Schlom - Jun 22, 2010 at 2:31 PM

That’s the kind of hat you wear when you ice a bro!

9. Old Gator - Jun 22, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Craig, not to get too personal, but you’re the last guy in a position to diss anyone’s hat.

10. minnesconsin_ad - Jun 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM

why are the jays the only team lucky enough to get black? the other colors are hideous

11. Omega in Colorado - Jun 22, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I am just an old fashioned kind of guy when it comes to sports teams and their merchandise. Whatever happened to making hats in the team’s colors? Time must’ve passed me by…

When home-field advantage isn't so
  1. T. Lincecum (3034)