Jun 22, 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
Remember last week how Yorvit Torrealba was all fired up about just how badly he was hosed in getting a three-game suspension for bumping into umpire Larry Vanover? About how he said that when he got done speaking his mind about it that his suspension might be 5 days instead of just three?
Yeah, that was great. Sadly, Torrealba has wimped out: he has dropped his appeal and will begin serving it today.
I’m sure he woulda gave ‘em hell, though!
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 45
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)