Jun 22, 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
Remember last week how Yorvit Torrealba was all fired up about just how badly he was hosed in getting a three-game suspension for bumping into umpire Larry Vanover? About how he said that when he got done speaking his mind about it that his suspension might be 5 days instead of just three?
Yeah, that was great. Sadly, Torrealba has wimped out: he has dropped his appeal and will begin serving it today.
I’m sure he woulda gave ’em hell, though!
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)