Jun 22, 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
Remember last week how Yorvit Torrealba was all fired up about just how badly he was hosed in getting a three-game suspension for bumping into umpire Larry Vanover? About how he said that when he got done speaking his mind about it that his suspension might be 5 days instead of just three?
Yeah, that was great. Sadly, Torrealba has wimped out: he has dropped his appeal and will begin serving it today.
I’m sure he woulda gave ’em hell, though!
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)