Jun 22, 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
Remember last week how Yorvit Torrealba was all fired up about just how badly he was hosed in getting a three-game suspension for bumping into umpire Larry Vanover? About how he said that when he got done speaking his mind about it that his suspension might be 5 days instead of just three?
Yeah, that was great. Sadly, Torrealba has wimped out: he has dropped his appeal and will begin serving it today.
I’m sure he woulda gave ‘em hell, though!
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)