Jun 22, 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
Remember last week how Yorvit Torrealba was all fired up about just how badly he was hosed in getting a three-game suspension for bumping into umpire Larry Vanover? About how he said that when he got done speaking his mind about it that his suspension might be 5 days instead of just three?
Yeah, that was great. Sadly, Torrealba has wimped out: he has dropped his appeal and will begin serving it today.
I’m sure he woulda gave ‘em hell, though!
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 17
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 9
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 24
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 60
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)