Jun 23, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
“Our Navy, larger than the next 13 international navies combined,
can be compared to the highest-paid team in baseball. With its Barry
Bonds super carriers, Mark McGwire cruisers, and Sammy Sosa destroyers,
today’s Navy consists of all power hitters, with huge slugging
percentages and salaries to match
– An article that — while having nothing to do with baseball — uses those sluggers, Rickey Henderson and Moneyball to try and explain modern naval warfare. I’m waiting for some writer to suggest that the Navy is a disgrace to something or other.
I dunno, just found it interesting.
(thanks to Charles K. for the heads up)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)