Jun 23, 2010, 10:05 AM EDT
Cool: the Atlanta Braves still use an organist at the ballpark.
Cooler: the Braves’ organist — Matt Kaminski — is a bit of a wiseacre, using mildly taunting little songs when opposing players come to bat.
Yes, it’s a bit juvenile — the Rice-a-Roni theme song for Ben Francisco is a bit on the nose — but it’s harmless. I mean, as long as you’re not using “Billie Jean” for a player who just made the news because of a paternity suit or something, it’s all just fun, right? On second thought, that’s a pretty good idea. I’d totally use that. I think I’m going to go tweet that to him right now.
The only bad thing about this is that the Yankees won’t be playing the Braves this year, because it would be pretty darn awesome to hear Kaminski play “About a Girl” or “All Apologies” when Mark Teixeira comes to the plate.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 28
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 191
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)