Jun 23, 2010, 10:05 AM EST
Cool: the Atlanta Braves still use an organist at the ballpark.
Cooler: the Braves’ organist — Matt Kaminski — is a bit of a wiseacre, using mildly taunting little songs when opposing players come to bat.
Yes, it’s a bit juvenile — the Rice-a-Roni theme song for Ben Francisco is a bit on the nose — but it’s harmless. I mean, as long as you’re not using “Billie Jean” for a player who just made the news because of a paternity suit or something, it’s all just fun, right? On second thought, that’s a pretty good idea. I’d totally use that. I think I’m going to go tweet that to him right now.
The only bad thing about this is that the Yankees won’t be playing the Braves this year, because it would be pretty darn awesome to hear Kaminski play “About a Girl” or “All Apologies” when Mark Teixeira comes to the plate.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (89)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)