Jun 23, 2010, 10:05 AM EDT
Cool: the Atlanta Braves still use an organist at the ballpark.
Cooler: the Braves’ organist — Matt Kaminski — is a bit of a wiseacre, using mildly taunting little songs when opposing players come to bat.
Yes, it’s a bit juvenile — the Rice-a-Roni theme song for Ben Francisco is a bit on the nose — but it’s harmless. I mean, as long as you’re not using “Billie Jean” for a player who just made the news because of a paternity suit or something, it’s all just fun, right? On second thought, that’s a pretty good idea. I’d totally use that. I think I’m going to go tweet that to him right now.
The only bad thing about this is that the Yankees won’t be playing the Braves this year, because it would be pretty darn awesome to hear Kaminski play “About a Girl” or “All Apologies” when Mark Teixeira comes to the plate.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)