Jun 23, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
The Pirates haven’t had a great week, public relations-wise. First there was that whole mess with whether or not John Russell was going to be fired or whether he got an extension or whatever. Then they went and fired their racing pierogi for insubordination and caught all kinds of hell for it.
It’s always hard for an organization to admit when it erred, but the Pirates have done that, and have now re-hired the pierogi. Of course the Pirates say that the bad publicity over l’affaire pierogi had nothing to do with it. Rather, it was because “he had not been dismissed in accordance with company procedures.”
In other news, (a) the Pirates have company procedures that govern the employment conditions for guys who dress up in pierogi suits and run around the ballpark; and (b) Pirates employees should now feel a lot more comfortable about ripping their employers in the Internet.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11