Jun 23, 2010, 8:44 AM EDT
I may have jinxed Tommy Hanson last week by writing about his outstanding numbers through 35 career starts, because his 36th outing was a disaster last night.
He allowed a career-high nine runs on 13 hits against the White Sox and failed to record a strikeout for the first time as his ERA ballooned from 3.38 to 4.13.
Braves fans shouldn’t worry too much, because Hanson also had an awful start against the Reds on May 20, but in between went 4-0 with a 2.03 ERA.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 17
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 56
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 113
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 106
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 82
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (113)