Jun 23, 2010, 8:44 AM EDT
I may have jinxed Tommy Hanson last week by writing about his outstanding numbers through 35 career starts, because his 36th outing was a disaster last night.
He allowed a career-high nine runs on 13 hits against the White Sox and failed to record a strikeout for the first time as his ERA ballooned from 3.38 to 4.13.
Braves fans shouldn’t worry too much, because Hanson also had an awful start against the Reds on May 20, but in between went 4-0 with a 2.03 ERA.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)