Jun 24, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
A first place team goes into Midwestern town, gets its butt handed to it and leaves town barely clinging on to its division lead. That describes the Braves’ series against the White Sox, but it also describes the Twins and Brewers pretty well too.
The Twins aren’t quite as bad off as Atlanta — they still technically have a lead in their division — but it’s only by a single precious game following their 5-0 drubbing by the Brew Crew. This one was the Yovani Gallardo show, as he shut out the Twins, notching 12 strikeouts and giving up only five hits in the process. The Brewers got their runs behind twin two-run dingers from Rickie Weeks and Prince Fielder in the third inning and a Corey Hart RBI single in the fourth.
The Twins have now lost five of their last seven and have the Tigers and the surging White Sox breathing down their necks.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)