Jun 24, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Peter Gammons’ tweets are sometimes hard to read. Are the bits of newsy info or just his gut feeling? He’s Gammons, though, so he gets some benefit of the doubt. His latest: “I wouldn’t be
surprised if Bobby Valentine were in the Marlins dugout by the end of
That’s not the farthest anyone has ever gone out on a limb, I’ll grant you, given that, so far, everyone is just kind of assuming it to be the case. I guess what is most notable about any of it is that no one has thrown cold water on the notion of Bobby V. in Florida, and within 24 hours of that kind of speculation, usually some kind of debunking has happened by now.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming