Jun 24, 2010, 11:43 AM EST
Jerry Seinfeld picked a pretty good night to spend half the game in the SNY broadcast booth with Keith “I’m Keith Hernandez” Hernandez and Gary Cohen.
Jose Reyes finished a double short of the cycle, R.A. Dickey continued his amazing run by improving to 6-0 with eight shutout innings, and the Mets won 2-0.
They’re now 21-7 since a May 21 loss to the Yankees dropped them to 20-23 and with Carlos Beltran finally looking close to returning the Mets suddenly have the look of a legit contender.
Reyes got off to a slow start after missing most of last year and spending the first week of this season on the disabled list, but has been on an extraordinary tear throughout the aforementioned 21-7 stretch, raising his OPS from .536 to .760 by going 46-for-120 (.383) with six homers, 16 total extra-base hits, and 10 stolen bases.
More importantly, Seinfeld and Keith Hernandez in the same booth brought back good memories. And after you watch that clip, MLB.com also has some video of Seinfeld’s time in the booth. I enjoyed his visit quite a bit, but then again I’m a Seinfeld homer and some Mets fans I know were mostly annoyed by him.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (110)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)