Jun 24, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Jerry Seinfeld picked a pretty good night to spend half the game in the SNY broadcast booth with Keith “I’m Keith Hernandez” Hernandez and Gary Cohen.
Jose Reyes finished a double short of the cycle, R.A. Dickey continued his amazing run by improving to 6-0 with eight shutout innings, and the Mets won 2-0.
They’re now 21-7 since a May 21 loss to the Yankees dropped them to 20-23 and with Carlos Beltran finally looking close to returning the Mets suddenly have the look of a legit contender.
Reyes got off to a slow start after missing most of last year and spending the first week of this season on the disabled list, but has been on an extraordinary tear throughout the aforementioned 21-7 stretch, raising his OPS from .536 to .760 by going 46-for-120 (.383) with six homers, 16 total extra-base hits, and 10 stolen bases.
More importantly, Seinfeld and Keith Hernandez in the same booth brought back good memories. And after you watch that clip, MLB.com also has some video of Seinfeld’s time in the booth. I enjoyed his visit quite a bit, but then again I’m a Seinfeld homer and some Mets fans I know were mostly annoyed by him.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 15
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 35
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 62
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)