Jun 24, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Jerry Seinfeld picked a pretty good night to spend half the game in the SNY broadcast booth with Keith “I’m Keith Hernandez” Hernandez and Gary Cohen.
Jose Reyes finished a double short of the cycle, R.A. Dickey continued his amazing run by improving to 6-0 with eight shutout innings, and the Mets won 2-0.
They’re now 21-7 since a May 21 loss to the Yankees dropped them to 20-23 and with Carlos Beltran finally looking close to returning the Mets suddenly have the look of a legit contender.
Reyes got off to a slow start after missing most of last year and spending the first week of this season on the disabled list, but has been on an extraordinary tear throughout the aforementioned 21-7 stretch, raising his OPS from .536 to .760 by going 46-for-120 (.383) with six homers, 16 total extra-base hits, and 10 stolen bases.
More importantly, Seinfeld and Keith Hernandez in the same booth brought back good memories. And after you watch that clip, MLB.com also has some video of Seinfeld’s time in the booth. I enjoyed his visit quite a bit, but then again I’m a Seinfeld homer and some Mets fans I know were mostly annoyed by him.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)