Jun 24, 2010, 9:24 AM EDT
I said in the recaps this morning that the Dodgers-Angels game ended on base running screwups. And make no mistake, Russell Martin’s game-ender was a screwup. But upon further review of the video tape (i.e. initial review, as I was merely working off game stories earlier) reveals that the Dodgers got boned on the Matt Kemp pickoff play that resulted in out number two.
Check it out here. How is that not a balk by Brian Fuentes? He’s moving towards home, stops, pivots and then turns around and nails Kemp. You see way less obvious re-directs called as balks all the damn time.
Maybe it wasn’t the difference maker because of Russell Martin’s deal, but man, that was just a whiff by the ump.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 0
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 83
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)