Jun 24, 2010, 9:24 AM EDT
I said in the recaps this morning that the Dodgers-Angels game ended on base running screwups. And make no mistake, Russell Martin’s game-ender was a screwup. But upon further review of the video tape (i.e. initial review, as I was merely working off game stories earlier) reveals that the Dodgers got boned on the Matt Kemp pickoff play that resulted in out number two.
Check it out here. How is that not a balk by Brian Fuentes? He’s moving towards home, stops, pivots and then turns around and nails Kemp. You see way less obvious re-directs called as balks all the damn time.
Maybe it wasn’t the difference maker because of Russell Martin’s deal, but man, that was just a whiff by the ump.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 10
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 12
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 6
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot