Jun 24, 2010, 9:24 AM EDT
I said in the recaps this morning that the Dodgers-Angels game ended on base running screwups. And make no mistake, Russell Martin’s game-ender was a screwup. But upon further review of the video tape (i.e. initial review, as I was merely working off game stories earlier) reveals that the Dodgers got boned on the Matt Kemp pickoff play that resulted in out number two.
Check it out here. How is that not a balk by Brian Fuentes? He’s moving towards home, stops, pivots and then turns around and nails Kemp. You see way less obvious re-directs called as balks all the damn time.
Maybe it wasn’t the difference maker because of Russell Martin’s deal, but man, that was just a whiff by the ump.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8