Jun 24, 2010, 9:24 AM EDT
I said in the recaps this morning that the Dodgers-Angels game ended on base running screwups. And make no mistake, Russell Martin’s game-ender was a screwup. But upon further review of the video tape (i.e. initial review, as I was merely working off game stories earlier) reveals that the Dodgers got boned on the Matt Kemp pickoff play that resulted in out number two.
Check it out here. How is that not a balk by Brian Fuentes? He’s moving towards home, stops, pivots and then turns around and nails Kemp. You see way less obvious re-directs called as balks all the damn time.
Maybe it wasn’t the difference maker because of Russell Martin’s deal, but man, that was just a whiff by the ump.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)