Jun 24, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
A couple weeks ago Rangers general manager Jon Daniels was poking a little fun at Elvis Andrus’ bleached-blond hair, so the 21-year-old shortstop asked how many games in a row the team would have to win for the GM to dye his hair.
Daniels told him 10, because he “figured the odds of that were pretty long.” And he was right, because the Rangers hadn’t won double-digit games in a row since way back in 1991.
So, naturally the Rangers haven’t lost since and last night extended their winning streak to … 10 games.
“Talk about putting one’s foot in their mouth,” Daniels said. “I’m going to honor my word. I was hoping he’d forget, but no such luck. It’s not going to be a good look.”
Daniels hasn’t decided on a color yet, but blond seems like the obvious choice. Actually, at first I was going to make some joke suggesting Christina Hendricks/Joan Holloway red, but then I creeped myself out and thought better of it. Sort of.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)