Jun 24, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
A couple weeks ago Rangers general manager Jon Daniels was poking a little fun at Elvis Andrus’ bleached-blond hair, so the 21-year-old shortstop asked how many games in a row the team would have to win for the GM to dye his hair.
Daniels told him 10, because he “figured the odds of that were pretty long.” And he was right, because the Rangers hadn’t won double-digit games in a row since way back in 1991.
So, naturally the Rangers haven’t lost since and last night extended their winning streak to … 10 games.
“Talk about putting one’s foot in their mouth,” Daniels said. “I’m going to honor my word. I was hoping he’d forget, but no such luck. It’s not going to be a good look.”
Daniels hasn’t decided on a color yet, but blond seems like the obvious choice. Actually, at first I was going to make some joke suggesting Christina Hendricks/Joan Holloway red, but then I creeped myself out and thought better of it. Sort of.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)