Jun 24, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
A couple weeks ago Rangers general manager Jon Daniels was poking a little fun at Elvis Andrus’ bleached-blond hair, so the 21-year-old shortstop asked how many games in a row the team would have to win for the GM to dye his hair.
Daniels told him 10, because he “figured the odds of that were pretty long.” And he was right, because the Rangers hadn’t won double-digit games in a row since way back in 1991.
So, naturally the Rangers haven’t lost since and last night extended their winning streak to … 10 games.
“Talk about putting one’s foot in their mouth,” Daniels said. “I’m going to honor my word. I was hoping he’d forget, but no such luck. It’s not going to be a good look.”
Daniels hasn’t decided on a color yet, but blond seems like the obvious choice. Actually, at first I was going to make some joke suggesting Christina Hendricks/Joan Holloway red, but then I creeped myself out and thought better of it. Sort of.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (97)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (97)