Jun 24, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
A couple weeks ago Rangers general manager Jon Daniels was poking a little fun at Elvis Andrus’ bleached-blond hair, so the 21-year-old shortstop asked how many games in a row the team would have to win for the GM to dye his hair.
Daniels told him 10, because he “figured the odds of that were pretty long.” And he was right, because the Rangers hadn’t won double-digit games in a row since way back in 1991.
So, naturally the Rangers haven’t lost since and last night extended their winning streak to … 10 games.
“Talk about putting one’s foot in their mouth,” Daniels said. “I’m going to honor my word. I was hoping he’d forget, but no such luck. It’s not going to be a good look.”
Daniels hasn’t decided on a color yet, but blond seems like the obvious choice. Actually, at first I was going to make some joke suggesting Christina Hendricks/Joan Holloway red, but then I creeped myself out and thought better of it. Sort of.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)