Jun 24, 2010, 12:16 PM EDT
The Dodgers could use some pitching help, and some have speculated that they could be in on the Cliff Lee frenzy. For now, though, general manager Ned Colletti is setting his sights a bit lower: free agent pitchers such a Pedro Martinez, Braden Looper and Jarrod Washburn.
He’s not said that he talked to any of those guys specifically, but he tells the L.A. Times today that he has inquired about
free agent pitchers. You figure Pedro would be the main target given that, when he has pitched, he’s basically been effective whereas Washburn and Looper are no guarantees even if they weren’t rusty as hell by now.
Dodgers fans would probably be more interested in watching Martinez anyway. Not as interested as they would have been to watch him back in the mid-to-late 90s as opposed to having Delino DeShields around, but I’m sure they don’t want to be reminded of that painful memory.
Oh, um, sorry.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 3
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 17
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 52
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 67
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 31
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)