Jun 24, 2010, 12:16 PM EDT
The Dodgers could use some pitching help, and some have speculated that they could be in on the Cliff Lee frenzy. For now, though, general manager Ned Colletti is setting his sights a bit lower: free agent pitchers such a Pedro Martinez, Braden Looper and Jarrod Washburn.
He’s not said that he talked to any of those guys specifically, but he tells the L.A. Times today that he has inquired about
free agent pitchers. You figure Pedro would be the main target given that, when he has pitched, he’s basically been effective whereas Washburn and Looper are no guarantees even if they weren’t rusty as hell by now.
Dodgers fans would probably be more interested in watching Martinez anyway. Not as interested as they would have been to watch him back in the mid-to-late 90s as opposed to having Delino DeShields around, but I’m sure they don’t want to be reminded of that painful memory.
Oh, um, sorry.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)