Jun 24, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
OK maybe that’s not true, but Mother Nature certainly flexed her muscles with an impressive burst of wind and rain on Thursday at Citizens Bank Park.
(Craig shared a pic earlier today, now we’ve got more.)
“It was like a tornado came,” (Ryan) Howard said. “I was waiting for the cow to fly through. The winds were really swirling.”
The Phillies went on to finish off a sweep of the Indians in a 12-3 rout. “Today they just blew us away,” Cleveland manager Manny Acta said. How true. And now for the video. Watch out for the cows …
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 43
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead