Jun 24, 2010, 11:01 AM EST
I have no idea why I care at all about Dana Eveland, but this is at least my third post about him this year. I don’t think I’ve posted as much about Jeter or Pujols. It’s gotta be the name. It’s just so darn dramatic sounding!
But he’s just a name, it seems, because he’s now been run off from his second team in a month, as the Pirates designated Eveland for assignment after last night’s game. He threw up an 8.38 ERA over three
appearances for Pittsburgh, the worst of which came in last night’s debacle vs. the Rangers.
Will he land anywhere else? Tune in to HardballTalk — the only blog that seems to care all that much about Dana Eveland — to find out!
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)