Jun 24, 2010, 11:01 AM EDT
I have no idea why I care at all about Dana Eveland, but this is at least my third post about him this year. I don’t think I’ve posted as much about Jeter or Pujols. It’s gotta be the name. It’s just so darn dramatic sounding!
But he’s just a name, it seems, because he’s now been run off from his second team in a month, as the Pirates designated Eveland for assignment after last night’s game. He threw up an 8.38 ERA over three
appearances for Pittsburgh, the worst of which came in last night’s debacle vs. the Rangers.
Will he land anywhere else? Tune in to HardballTalk — the only blog that seems to care all that much about Dana Eveland — to find out!
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 0
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 23
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 34
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)