Jun 24, 2010, 11:01 AM EDT
I have no idea why I care at all about Dana Eveland, but this is at least my third post about him this year. I don’t think I’ve posted as much about Jeter or Pujols. It’s gotta be the name. It’s just so darn dramatic sounding!
But he’s just a name, it seems, because he’s now been run off from his second team in a month, as the Pirates designated Eveland for assignment after last night’s game. He threw up an 8.38 ERA over three
appearances for Pittsburgh, the worst of which came in last night’s debacle vs. the Rangers.
Will he land anywhere else? Tune in to HardballTalk — the only blog that seems to care all that much about Dana Eveland — to find out!
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)