Jun 24, 2010, 11:01 AM EDT
I have no idea why I care at all about Dana Eveland, but this is at least my third post about him this year. I don’t think I’ve posted as much about Jeter or Pujols. It’s gotta be the name. It’s just so darn dramatic sounding!
But he’s just a name, it seems, because he’s now been run off from his second team in a month, as the Pirates designated Eveland for assignment after last night’s game. He threw up an 8.38 ERA over three
appearances for Pittsburgh, the worst of which came in last night’s debacle vs. the Rangers.
Will he land anywhere else? Tune in to HardballTalk — the only blog that seems to care all that much about Dana Eveland — to find out!
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 81
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)