Jun 24, 2010, 11:01 AM EDT
I have no idea why I care at all about Dana Eveland, but this is at least my third post about him this year. I don’t think I’ve posted as much about Jeter or Pujols. It’s gotta be the name. It’s just so darn dramatic sounding!
But he’s just a name, it seems, because he’s now been run off from his second team in a month, as the Pirates designated Eveland for assignment after last night’s game. He threw up an 8.38 ERA over three
appearances for Pittsburgh, the worst of which came in last night’s debacle vs. the Rangers.
Will he land anywhere else? Tune in to HardballTalk — the only blog that seems to care all that much about Dana Eveland — to find out!
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 44
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 39
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)