Jun 24, 2010, 4:43 PM EDT
The White Sox completed a three-game sweep of your humble scribe’s Atlanta Braves today, winning 2-0 behind seven shutout innings from Gavin Floyd and a shutdown performance from Putz and Jenks. Floyd allowed only two hits and the Braves had only three baserunners the whole game in what looked and felt like your typical 2:17 getaway day special from the Bravos.
But I’ll have plenty of time to cry over the Braves later. The story today is the White Sox, who have now won nine straight games and — thanks to the Twins getting dropped by the Brewers once again this afternoon — now sit a mere two and a half games back.
The AL Central looks like it’s gonna be a wild one all summer, kiddos, so strap yourselves in.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)