Jun 24, 2010, 4:43 PM EDT
The White Sox completed a three-game sweep of your humble scribe’s Atlanta Braves today, winning 2-0 behind seven shutout innings from Gavin Floyd and a shutdown performance from Putz and Jenks. Floyd allowed only two hits and the Braves had only three baserunners the whole game in what looked and felt like your typical 2:17 getaway day special from the Bravos.
But I’ll have plenty of time to cry over the Braves later. The story today is the White Sox, who have now won nine straight games and — thanks to the Twins getting dropped by the Brewers once again this afternoon — now sit a mere two and a half games back.
The AL Central looks like it’s gonna be a wild one all summer, kiddos, so strap yourselves in.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)