Jun 24, 2010, 4:43 PM EDT
The White Sox completed a three-game sweep of your humble scribe’s Atlanta Braves today, winning 2-0 behind seven shutout innings from Gavin Floyd and a shutdown performance from Putz and Jenks. Floyd allowed only two hits and the Braves had only three baserunners the whole game in what looked and felt like your typical 2:17 getaway day special from the Bravos.
But I’ll have plenty of time to cry over the Braves later. The story today is the White Sox, who have now won nine straight games and — thanks to the Twins getting dropped by the Brewers once again this afternoon — now sit a mere two and a half games back.
The AL Central looks like it’s gonna be a wild one all summer, kiddos, so strap yourselves in.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)