Jun 24, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Three Cleveland Indians’ minor leaguers — Beau Mills, Jerad Head, and Josh
Tomlin — were charged with felonious
assault on Tuesday following an investigation into “an altercation” that took place at an Akron apartment on June 3. The
victim reportedly suffered serious injuries due to the assault.
Mills is not only a prospect — he was the Tribe’s No. 1 Draft pick in 2007 — but he’s the son of Astros’ manager Brad Mills.
The Indians, understandably, aren’t commenting. I presume that if the legal process works out poorly for the players the team will speak through its roster moves and just release the guys.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)