Jun 24, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Three Cleveland Indians’ minor leaguers — Beau Mills, Jerad Head, and Josh
Tomlin — were charged with felonious
assault on Tuesday following an investigation into “an altercation” that took place at an Akron apartment on June 3. The
victim reportedly suffered serious injuries due to the assault.
Mills is not only a prospect — he was the Tribe’s No. 1 Draft pick in 2007 — but he’s the son of Astros’ manager Brad Mills.
The Indians, understandably, aren’t commenting. I presume that if the legal process works out poorly for the players the team will speak through its roster moves and just release the guys.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 15
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)