Jun 24, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Three Cleveland Indians’ minor leaguers — Beau Mills, Jerad Head, and Josh
Tomlin — were charged with felonious
assault on Tuesday following an investigation into “an altercation” that took place at an Akron apartment on June 3. The
victim reportedly suffered serious injuries due to the assault.
Mills is not only a prospect — he was the Tribe’s No. 1 Draft pick in 2007 — but he’s the son of Astros’ manager Brad Mills.
The Indians, understandably, aren’t commenting. I presume that if the legal process works out poorly for the players the team will speak through its roster moves and just release the guys.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 109
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 153
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (170)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)