Jun 24, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Three Cleveland Indians’ minor leaguers — Beau Mills, Jerad Head, and Josh
Tomlin — were charged with felonious
assault on Tuesday following an investigation into “an altercation” that took place at an Akron apartment on June 3. The
victim reportedly suffered serious injuries due to the assault.
Mills is not only a prospect — he was the Tribe’s No. 1 Draft pick in 2007 — but he’s the son of Astros’ manager Brad Mills.
The Indians, understandably, aren’t commenting. I presume that if the legal process works out poorly for the players the team will speak through its roster moves and just release the guys.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 2
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 122
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (132)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)