Jun 24, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Three Cleveland Indians’ minor leaguers — Beau Mills, Jerad Head, and Josh
Tomlin — were charged with felonious
assault on Tuesday following an investigation into “an altercation” that took place at an Akron apartment on June 3. The
victim reportedly suffered serious injuries due to the assault.
Mills is not only a prospect — he was the Tribe’s No. 1 Draft pick in 2007 — but he’s the son of Astros’ manager Brad Mills.
The Indians, understandably, aren’t commenting. I presume that if the legal process works out poorly for the players the team will speak through its roster moves and just release the guys.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)