Jun 25, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
The Smoking Gun yesterday provided more details regarding the sexual battery allegations made against Johan Santana last fall. Expanding on the TMZ stuff, TSG’s report includes Santana’s statements to law enforcement and additional docs from the Lee County, Florida Sheriff’s Department. The upshot: Santana says — and explains in pretty graphic detail — that the encounter was consensual. His accusor said otherwise, the police didn’t have anything else to go on and, as I said the other day, the legal aspects of all of this are over.
Wait that’s not entirely true. The legal aspects of the criminal complaint are over. The civil stuff, however (i.e. the hellacious divorce case that Santana’s wife is gonna rain down on him as a result of him admitting under oath that he messed around with another woman) is probably just beginning.
So he’s got that going for him. Which is nice.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 103
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 152
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (164)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (152)