Jun 25, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
The Smoking Gun yesterday provided more details regarding the sexual battery allegations made against Johan Santana last fall. Expanding on the TMZ stuff, TSG’s report includes Santana’s statements to law enforcement and additional docs from the Lee County, Florida Sheriff’s Department. The upshot: Santana says — and explains in pretty graphic detail — that the encounter was consensual. His accusor said otherwise, the police didn’t have anything else to go on and, as I said the other day, the legal aspects of all of this are over.
Wait that’s not entirely true. The legal aspects of the criminal complaint are over. The civil stuff, however (i.e. the hellacious divorce case that Santana’s wife is gonna rain down on him as a result of him admitting under oath that he messed around with another woman) is probably just beginning.
So he’s got that going for him. Which is nice.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)