Jun 25, 2010, 1:20 PM EST
The Smoking Gun yesterday provided more details regarding the sexual battery allegations made against Johan Santana last fall. Expanding on the TMZ stuff, TSG’s report includes Santana’s statements to law enforcement and additional docs from the Lee County, Florida Sheriff’s Department. The upshot: Santana says — and explains in pretty graphic detail — that the encounter was consensual. His accusor said otherwise, the police didn’t have anything else to go on and, as I said the other day, the legal aspects of all of this are over.
Wait that’s not entirely true. The legal aspects of the criminal complaint are over. The civil stuff, however (i.e. the hellacious divorce case that Santana’s wife is gonna rain down on him as a result of him admitting under oath that he messed around with another woman) is probably just beginning.
So he’s got that going for him. Which is nice.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 31
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27