Jun 25, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
The Smoking Gun yesterday provided more details regarding the sexual battery allegations made against Johan Santana last fall. Expanding on the TMZ stuff, TSG’s report includes Santana’s statements to law enforcement and additional docs from the Lee County, Florida Sheriff’s Department. The upshot: Santana says — and explains in pretty graphic detail — that the encounter was consensual. His accusor said otherwise, the police didn’t have anything else to go on and, as I said the other day, the legal aspects of all of this are over.
Wait that’s not entirely true. The legal aspects of the criminal complaint are over. The civil stuff, however (i.e. the hellacious divorce case that Santana’s wife is gonna rain down on him as a result of him admitting under oath that he messed around with another woman) is probably just beginning.
So he’s got that going for him. Which is nice.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 58
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 38
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)