Jun 25, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
The Smoking Gun yesterday provided more details regarding the sexual battery allegations made against Johan Santana last fall. Expanding on the TMZ stuff, TSG’s report includes Santana’s statements to law enforcement and additional docs from the Lee County, Florida Sheriff’s Department. The upshot: Santana says — and explains in pretty graphic detail — that the encounter was consensual. His accusor said otherwise, the police didn’t have anything else to go on and, as I said the other day, the legal aspects of all of this are over.
Wait that’s not entirely true. The legal aspects of the criminal complaint are over. The civil stuff, however (i.e. the hellacious divorce case that Santana’s wife is gonna rain down on him as a result of him admitting under oath that he messed around with another woman) is probably just beginning.
So he’s got that going for him. Which is nice.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)