Jun 25, 2010, 9:05 AM EDT
If the 1995 Braves do this they’d have Coolio and that guy who sang the “I’m Boombastic, say me fantastic” song:
Legendary hip hop performer and Grammy Award winner MC Hammer will bring
his high-energy show to Great American Ball Park on Friday, July 16 as
part of the celebration of the 1990 World Series Champion Cincinnati
Reds . . . MC Hammer’s pregame concert will run 6 to 6:40pm on the right field
porch and a second show will be on the field starting approximately 20
minutes after the conclusion of the game. He will also do a meet and
greet with fans in the FanZone.
A forty minute Hammer concert? I guess he does “U Can’t Touch This” and the Adams Family song and then repeats them five times. All I know for sure is that you should be careful if you’re going to the meet-and-greet because Hammer will probably try to hand you his resume or ask for a loan or something.
Then again, maybe he has something else in mind. Hammer is from Oakland. Big A’s fan. Used to even be an A’s batboy back in the day. The 1990s Reds, you’ll recall, beat those A’s in the World Series. Maybe Hammer is making this appearance in order to position himself to exact his revenge — Joker-style — on the Reds and their fans! You, know, just as he starts doing his little Hammer dance thing three helicopters fly over the stadium and spray poison gas as Hammer, his henchmen Vanilla Ice and, hell, I dunno, Rickey Henderson make their escape to some secret villains’ lair?
Nah. That would be too cool. We’ll probably just get a B+ performance of “Have you seen her.” Sigh.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 15
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 20
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 18
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 64
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)