Jun 25, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
The fan who got tased, that is, not the cop who did the tasing:
A teenager who became an instant YouTube sensation last month for
being Tasered by a police officer when he ran onto the field at a
Phillies game was sentenced to six months’ probation today.
Steven Consalvi, 17, of Berks County, was also ordered by a Family
Court judge to complete 80 hours of community service in Philadelphia
soup kitchens. If Consalvi completes the sentence with no problems and
passes a drug test, his record will be expunged.
Pretty light sentence for a kid who, according to those who defended the tasing, could have been smuggling a dirty bomb or IEDs or something in his cargo shorts.
And not to get too far off the subject, but why is a drug test part of this kid’s probation? He wasn’t under the influence of anything other than stupid at the time of his little performance. If he smokes one joint at the wrong time several months after the incident, however, he’ll be a drug-related probation violator, he’ll have trouble getting into college and be potentially unemployable for long stretches of his adult life. All because someone in the past 25 years decided that it’d be cool to “get tough” on drugs. Having trouble seeing why we care about this.
Anyway, justice served, case closed and Citizens Bank Park is once again safe for clean wholesome living and democracy and everything. God bless America.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)