Jun 25, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
The fan who got tased, that is, not the cop who did the tasing:
A teenager who became an instant YouTube sensation last month for
being Tasered by a police officer when he ran onto the field at a
Phillies game was sentenced to six months’ probation today.
Steven Consalvi, 17, of Berks County, was also ordered by a Family
Court judge to complete 80 hours of community service in Philadelphia
soup kitchens. If Consalvi completes the sentence with no problems and
passes a drug test, his record will be expunged.
Pretty light sentence for a kid who, according to those who defended the tasing, could have been smuggling a dirty bomb or IEDs or something in his cargo shorts.
And not to get too far off the subject, but why is a drug test part of this kid’s probation? He wasn’t under the influence of anything other than stupid at the time of his little performance. If he smokes one joint at the wrong time several months after the incident, however, he’ll be a drug-related probation violator, he’ll have trouble getting into college and be potentially unemployable for long stretches of his adult life. All because someone in the past 25 years decided that it’d be cool to “get tough” on drugs. Having trouble seeing why we care about this.
Anyway, justice served, case closed and Citizens Bank Park is once again safe for clean wholesome living and democracy and everything. God bless America.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)