Jun 25, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
The fan who got tased, that is, not the cop who did the tasing:
A teenager who became an instant YouTube sensation last month for
being Tasered by a police officer when he ran onto the field at a
Phillies game was sentenced to six months’ probation today.
Steven Consalvi, 17, of Berks County, was also ordered by a Family
Court judge to complete 80 hours of community service in Philadelphia
soup kitchens. If Consalvi completes the sentence with no problems and
passes a drug test, his record will be expunged.
Pretty light sentence for a kid who, according to those who defended the tasing, could have been smuggling a dirty bomb or IEDs or something in his cargo shorts.
And not to get too far off the subject, but why is a drug test part of this kid’s probation? He wasn’t under the influence of anything other than stupid at the time of his little performance. If he smokes one joint at the wrong time several months after the incident, however, he’ll be a drug-related probation violator, he’ll have trouble getting into college and be potentially unemployable for long stretches of his adult life. All because someone in the past 25 years decided that it’d be cool to “get tough” on drugs. Having trouble seeing why we care about this.
Anyway, justice served, case closed and Citizens Bank Park is once again safe for clean wholesome living and democracy and everything. God bless America.
- Greetings from All-Star week in Minneapolis 5
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 28
- Joey Gallo earns Futures Game MVP honors after leading Team USA to victory 6
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 49
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 39
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 5
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)
- Woman knocked unconscious during fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park (84)