Jun 25, 2010, 8:20 AM EST
The fan who got tased, that is, not the cop who did the tasing:
A teenager who became an instant YouTube sensation last month for
being Tasered by a police officer when he ran onto the field at a
Phillies game was sentenced to six months’ probation today.
Steven Consalvi, 17, of Berks County, was also ordered by a Family
Court judge to complete 80 hours of community service in Philadelphia
soup kitchens. If Consalvi completes the sentence with no problems and
passes a drug test, his record will be expunged.
Pretty light sentence for a kid who, according to those who defended the tasing, could have been smuggling a dirty bomb or IEDs or something in his cargo shorts.
And not to get too far off the subject, but why is a drug test part of this kid’s probation? He wasn’t under the influence of anything other than stupid at the time of his little performance. If he smokes one joint at the wrong time several months after the incident, however, he’ll be a drug-related probation violator, he’ll have trouble getting into college and be potentially unemployable for long stretches of his adult life. All because someone in the past 25 years decided that it’d be cool to “get tough” on drugs. Having trouble seeing why we care about this.
Anyway, justice served, case closed and Citizens Bank Park is once again safe for clean wholesome living and democracy and everything. God bless America.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)