Jun 25, 2010, 11:14 AM EST
The Braves have Heyward, the Mets have Davis, the Marlins have Stanton and the Nats have that one dude. Based on this latest news, it’s not out of the question that we’ll have a five-for-five
phenom summer in the NL East!
Domonic Brown is headed for Triple-A Lehigh Valley. Chuck LaMar, the Phillies’ assistant general manager in charge of player
development, said the move could be made as soon as today.
Brown, the Phillies’ top minor-league prospect, has earned the
promotion with a spectacular first half at double-A Reading. In 65
games, the 22-year-old right fielder has batted .318 with 16 doubles,
three triples, 15 home runs and 47 RBIs.
If Brown tears up the International League, and if the Mets, Braves and Phillies remain in a dogfight all summer, it makes all kinds of sense to assume that he’ll play in Philly before the year is out, no?
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 0
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 60
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)