Jun 25, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Remember yesterday how I said that it probably wasn’t that big a deal that the mediation and hearing in the Rangers’ case got moved to July 16th and July 22nd, respectively? Well, apparently Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan thought it was a big deal, because they filed a motion late yesterday asking that they be held earlier so as not to screw with the Rangers making moves before the trade deadline.
Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal just reported that the judge granted their motion. The mediation is now July 6th and the hearing is back to July 9th.
The lawyers in this case are fantastic, by the way. In eleven years of practice I think i was party to about 144,229 motions to delay things and, like, six motions to speed things up. While I still don’t think the two weeks here makes a ton of difference for the reasons stated yesterday, viva judicial efficiency all the same. Nice to see it!
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)