Jun 25, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Remember yesterday how I said that it probably wasn’t that big a deal that the mediation and hearing in the Rangers’ case got moved to July 16th and July 22nd, respectively? Well, apparently Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan thought it was a big deal, because they filed a motion late yesterday asking that they be held earlier so as not to screw with the Rangers making moves before the trade deadline.
Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal just reported that the judge granted their motion. The mediation is now July 6th and the hearing is back to July 9th.
The lawyers in this case are fantastic, by the way. In eleven years of practice I think i was party to about 144,229 motions to delay things and, like, six motions to speed things up. While I still don’t think the two weeks here makes a ton of difference for the reasons stated yesterday, viva judicial efficiency all the same. Nice to see it!
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)