Jun 25, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Remember yesterday how I said that it probably wasn’t that big a deal that the mediation and hearing in the Rangers’ case got moved to July 16th and July 22nd, respectively? Well, apparently Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan thought it was a big deal, because they filed a motion late yesterday asking that they be held earlier so as not to screw with the Rangers making moves before the trade deadline.
Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal just reported that the judge granted their motion. The mediation is now July 6th and the hearing is back to July 9th.
The lawyers in this case are fantastic, by the way. In eleven years of practice I think i was party to about 144,229 motions to delay things and, like, six motions to speed things up. While I still don’t think the two weeks here makes a ton of difference for the reasons stated yesterday, viva judicial efficiency all the same. Nice to see it!
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)