Jun 25, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Remember yesterday how I said that it probably wasn’t that big a deal that the mediation and hearing in the Rangers’ case got moved to July 16th and July 22nd, respectively? Well, apparently Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan thought it was a big deal, because they filed a motion late yesterday asking that they be held earlier so as not to screw with the Rangers making moves before the trade deadline.
Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal just reported that the judge granted their motion. The mediation is now July 6th and the hearing is back to July 9th.
The lawyers in this case are fantastic, by the way. In eleven years of practice I think i was party to about 144,229 motions to delay things and, like, six motions to speed things up. While I still don’t think the two weeks here makes a ton of difference for the reasons stated yesterday, viva judicial efficiency all the same. Nice to see it!
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 22
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 138
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (138)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)