Jun 26, 2010, 1:41 PM EDT
According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, Carl Crawford re-injured his left shoulder while pinch-running for Carlos Pena against the Diamondbacks on Friday night.
“I kind of strained it again (Friday), so I was a little disappointed
about that,” Crawford said. “I told them before the game I could run
but I didn’t think nothing would happen. I kind of hurt it again doing
that. Hopefully, we’ll be a little more cautious today. I’d still like
to try to run if I could but I’ll just have to find a way of not using
my arm when I dive back to the base or when I slide.”
Crawford, who was pulled from Thursday’s game with a sore left shoulder, was thrown out attempting to steal in the bottom of the eighth inning, a crucial third out which at minimum saved a few pitches from Edwin Jackson’s final ridiculous tally. With the score 1-0, it also changed the complexion of what was still a very winnable game.
Matt Joyce will play left field and bat seventh against Ian Kennedy on Saturday. Crawford hopes to return to the starting lineup on Sunday.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 33
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)