Jun 26, 2010, 1:41 PM EDT
According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, Carl Crawford re-injured his left shoulder while pinch-running for Carlos Pena against the Diamondbacks on Friday night.
“I kind of strained it again (Friday), so I was a little disappointed
about that,” Crawford said. “I told them before the game I could run
but I didn’t think nothing would happen. I kind of hurt it again doing
that. Hopefully, we’ll be a little more cautious today. I’d still like
to try to run if I could but I’ll just have to find a way of not using
my arm when I dive back to the base or when I slide.”
Crawford, who was pulled from Thursday’s game with a sore left shoulder, was thrown out attempting to steal in the bottom of the eighth inning, a crucial third out which at minimum saved a few pitches from Edwin Jackson’s final ridiculous tally. With the score 1-0, it also changed the complexion of what was still a very winnable game.
Matt Joyce will play left field and bat seventh against Ian Kennedy on Saturday. Crawford hopes to return to the starting lineup on Sunday.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 0
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)