Jun 26, 2010, 1:41 PM EDT
According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, Carl Crawford re-injured his left shoulder while pinch-running for Carlos Pena against the Diamondbacks on Friday night.
“I kind of strained it again (Friday), so I was a little disappointed
about that,” Crawford said. “I told them before the game I could run
but I didn’t think nothing would happen. I kind of hurt it again doing
that. Hopefully, we’ll be a little more cautious today. I’d still like
to try to run if I could but I’ll just have to find a way of not using
my arm when I dive back to the base or when I slide.”
Crawford, who was pulled from Thursday’s game with a sore left shoulder, was thrown out attempting to steal in the bottom of the eighth inning, a crucial third out which at minimum saved a few pitches from Edwin Jackson’s final ridiculous tally. With the score 1-0, it also changed the complexion of what was still a very winnable game.
Matt Joyce will play left field and bat seventh against Ian Kennedy on Saturday. Crawford hopes to return to the starting lineup on Sunday.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)