Jun 26, 2010, 1:41 PM EST
According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, Carl Crawford re-injured his left shoulder while pinch-running for Carlos Pena against the Diamondbacks on Friday night.
“I kind of strained it again (Friday), so I was a little disappointed
about that,” Crawford said. “I told them before the game I could run
but I didn’t think nothing would happen. I kind of hurt it again doing
that. Hopefully, we’ll be a little more cautious today. I’d still like
to try to run if I could but I’ll just have to find a way of not using
my arm when I dive back to the base or when I slide.”
Crawford, who was pulled from Thursday’s game with a sore left shoulder, was thrown out attempting to steal in the bottom of the eighth inning, a crucial third out which at minimum saved a few pitches from Edwin Jackson’s final ridiculous tally. With the score 1-0, it also changed the complexion of what was still a very winnable game.
Matt Joyce will play left field and bat seventh against Ian Kennedy on Saturday. Crawford hopes to return to the starting lineup on Sunday.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 13
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4