Jun 26, 2010, 1:41 PM EST
According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, Carl Crawford re-injured his left shoulder while pinch-running for Carlos Pena against the Diamondbacks on Friday night.
“I kind of strained it again (Friday), so I was a little disappointed
about that,” Crawford said. “I told them before the game I could run
but I didn’t think nothing would happen. I kind of hurt it again doing
that. Hopefully, we’ll be a little more cautious today. I’d still like
to try to run if I could but I’ll just have to find a way of not using
my arm when I dive back to the base or when I slide.”
Crawford, who was pulled from Thursday’s game with a sore left shoulder, was thrown out attempting to steal in the bottom of the eighth inning, a crucial third out which at minimum saved a few pitches from Edwin Jackson’s final ridiculous tally. With the score 1-0, it also changed the complexion of what was still a very winnable game.
Matt Joyce will play left field and bat seventh against Ian Kennedy on Saturday. Crawford hopes to return to the starting lineup on Sunday.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)