Jun 26, 2010, 3:28 PM EDT
Prince Harry threw out of the first pitch before Saturday’s game between the Mets and Twins at CitiField, according to the Associated Press.
As you can see from the image to the right, Harry’s form was a bit robotic and he even looks a bit like Kris Benson here, but he actually did just fine as far as first pitches go. In fact, he probably had more giddy-up on that pitch than Benson has had since 2006.
Just to get things straight, Prince Harry is in New York, watching a Mets game, while many of us are watching the World Cup. Things are most definitely out of whack.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)