Jun 26, 2010, 3:28 PM EDT
Prince Harry threw out of the first pitch before Saturday’s game between the Mets and Twins at CitiField, according to the Associated Press.
As you can see from the image to the right, Harry’s form was a bit robotic and he even looks a bit like Kris Benson here, but he actually did just fine as far as first pitches go. In fact, he probably had more giddy-up on that pitch than Benson has had since 2006.
Just to get things straight, Prince Harry is in New York, watching a Mets game, while many of us are watching the World Cup. Things are most definitely out of whack.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)