Jun 26, 2010, 3:28 PM EDT
Prince Harry threw out of the first pitch before Saturday’s game between the Mets and Twins at CitiField, according to the Associated Press.
As you can see from the image to the right, Harry’s form was a bit robotic and he even looks a bit like Kris Benson here, but he actually did just fine as far as first pitches go. In fact, he probably had more giddy-up on that pitch than Benson has had since 2006.
Just to get things straight, Prince Harry is in New York, watching a Mets game, while many of us are watching the World Cup. Things are most definitely out of whack.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with apparent side injury 1
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 2
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 3
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 30
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)