Jun 26, 2010, 6:01 PM EST
DeJesus was 3-for-4 against the Cardinals on Saturday afternoon and is now batting .324 with a .394 on-base percentage, five homers, 33 RBI and an 872 OPS. He’s also an excellent fielder, capable of playing all three outfield positions. That could obviously come in handy given the current state of the Red Sox outfield, but they won’t be alone in their interest.
According to Lauber, the Royals would be looking for “a major league-ready player as part of a package that also would include prospects.” DeJesus, 30, is under contract for $4.7 million this season and has a $6 million club option for next season.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 48
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)