Jun 26, 2010, 6:01 PM EST
DeJesus was 3-for-4 against the Cardinals on Saturday afternoon and is now batting .324 with a .394 on-base percentage, five homers, 33 RBI and an 872 OPS. He’s also an excellent fielder, capable of playing all three outfield positions. That could obviously come in handy given the current state of the Red Sox outfield, but they won’t be alone in their interest.
According to Lauber, the Royals would be looking for “a major league-ready player as part of a package that also would include prospects.” DeJesus, 30, is under contract for $4.7 million this season and has a $6 million club option for next season.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)