Jun 26, 2010, 6:01 PM EDT
DeJesus was 3-for-4 against the Cardinals on Saturday afternoon and is now batting .324 with a .394 on-base percentage, five homers, 33 RBI and an 872 OPS. He’s also an excellent fielder, capable of playing all three outfield positions. That could obviously come in handy given the current state of the Red Sox outfield, but they won’t be alone in their interest.
According to Lauber, the Royals would be looking for “a major league-ready player as part of a package that also would include prospects.” DeJesus, 30, is under contract for $4.7 million this season and has a $6 million club option for next season.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (86)