Jun 27, 2010, 8:55 AM EDT
Mets outfielder Carlos Beltran went 3-for-4 with a double, two RBI and a run scored on Saturday during a rehab game with Single-A Port St. Lucie. He also played seven full innings of center field and had two put-outs, according to the Newark Star-Ledger.
Beltran went 2-for-3 on Friday night and is beginning to show that his timing at the plate is nearly back to full strength. He has been on the 15-day disabled list since late March and the 60-day disabled list since late May. Now it appears that he is around two weeks from returning to the Mets’ big-league starting lineup.
Manager Jerry Manuel hinted to reporters last week that Beltran might return Monday for the Mets’ three-game series against the Marlins in Puerto Rico, but that has already been debunked. Instead, it appears that the outfielder will continue to climb his way through the Mets’ minor league system, boosting ticket sales and facing increasingly competitive pitching at every stop.
The boys at the Star-Ledger believe that he will not return to the starting lineup in New York until after the All-Star break, which runs from July 12-14. It’s certainly possible.
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 0
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 17
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 42
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 20
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)