Jun 27, 2010, 10:14 AM EDT
You may have forgotten that the Orioles have one of the top second basemen in the league. OK, maybe not. But it sure does seem like Brian Roberts has been sidelined for an eternity with back and lat muscle issues.
According to MLB.com’s Noah Rosentstein, Roberts has finally begun participating in light baseball activities. What does that entail, exactly? We don’t know. But neither does O’s interim manager Juan Samuel and he’s satisfied nonetheless:
“What that means, there’s no description to it, but he just added very
light [baseball activities],” Samuel said Saturday. “That’s what my
Roberts is probably jogging lightly, hitting off a tee, and possibly even fielding some slow-rollers. He has been on the disabled list since the first week of the regular season and the hope is that he will return during the month of July. Of course, the Orioles are already 24 games back in the American League East with a record of 22-52.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (74)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)
- Barry Bonds is back in uniform (68)