Jun 27, 2010, 10:14 AM EDT
You may have forgotten that the Orioles have one of the top second basemen in the league. OK, maybe not. But it sure does seem like Brian Roberts has been sidelined for an eternity with back and lat muscle issues.
According to MLB.com’s Noah Rosentstein, Roberts has finally begun participating in light baseball activities. What does that entail, exactly? We don’t know. But neither does O’s interim manager Juan Samuel and he’s satisfied nonetheless:
“What that means, there’s no description to it, but he just added very
light [baseball activities],” Samuel said Saturday. “That’s what my
Roberts is probably jogging lightly, hitting off a tee, and possibly even fielding some slow-rollers. He has been on the disabled list since the first week of the regular season and the hope is that he will return during the month of July. Of course, the Orioles are already 24 games back in the American League East with a record of 22-52.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (111)