Jun 28, 2010, 5:44 PM EST
With the usual “Jim Bowden is very often wrong about such matters” disclaimer, I’ll pass along his word that the Braves, Reds and Red Sox are all talking to the Royals about David DeJesus.
DeJesus, who has emerged as the prize position player at this year’s deadline — at least prized position player who is quite likely to actually be moved — is worth the fuss. He’s hitting .331/.397/.481 while playing pretty darn good defense in the Royals’ outfield.
It’s a career year for DeJesus at age 30 so you don’t want to unload your system for the guy, but he’s definitely the type of player the Braves and Red Sox could use to shore up their banged up outfields. The Reds have less of a pressing need, but DeJesus would be an improvement over Drew Stubbs.
Expect a lot of DeJesus rebop as we get closer to the deadline.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 76
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 42
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 24
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)