Jun 28, 2010, 5:44 PM EDT
With the usual “Jim Bowden is very often wrong about such matters” disclaimer, I’ll pass along his word that the Braves, Reds and Red Sox are all talking to the Royals about David DeJesus.
DeJesus, who has emerged as the prize position player at this year’s deadline — at least prized position player who is quite likely to actually be moved — is worth the fuss. He’s hitting .331/.397/.481 while playing pretty darn good defense in the Royals’ outfield.
It’s a career year for DeJesus at age 30 so you don’t want to unload your system for the guy, but he’s definitely the type of player the Braves and Red Sox could use to shore up their banged up outfields. The Reds have less of a pressing need, but DeJesus would be an improvement over Drew Stubbs.
Expect a lot of DeJesus rebop as we get closer to the deadline.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)