Jun 28, 2010, 5:44 PM EDT
With the usual “Jim Bowden is very often wrong about such matters” disclaimer, I’ll pass along his word that the Braves, Reds and Red Sox are all talking to the Royals about David DeJesus.
DeJesus, who has emerged as the prize position player at this year’s deadline — at least prized position player who is quite likely to actually be moved — is worth the fuss. He’s hitting .331/.397/.481 while playing pretty darn good defense in the Royals’ outfield.
It’s a career year for DeJesus at age 30 so you don’t want to unload your system for the guy, but he’s definitely the type of player the Braves and Red Sox could use to shore up their banged up outfields. The Reds have less of a pressing need, but DeJesus would be an improvement over Drew Stubbs.
Expect a lot of DeJesus rebop as we get closer to the deadline.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)