Jun 28, 2010, 5:44 PM EDT
With the usual “Jim Bowden is very often wrong about such matters” disclaimer, I’ll pass along his word that the Braves, Reds and Red Sox are all talking to the Royals about David DeJesus.
DeJesus, who has emerged as the prize position player at this year’s deadline — at least prized position player who is quite likely to actually be moved — is worth the fuss. He’s hitting .331/.397/.481 while playing pretty darn good defense in the Royals’ outfield.
It’s a career year for DeJesus at age 30 so you don’t want to unload your system for the guy, but he’s definitely the type of player the Braves and Red Sox could use to shore up their banged up outfields. The Reds have less of a pressing need, but DeJesus would be an improvement over Drew Stubbs.
Expect a lot of DeJesus rebop as we get closer to the deadline.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (134)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)