Jun 28, 2010, 4:27 PM EDT
David O’Brien reports that Jason Heyward is suffering from a strained thumb ligament that, while not requiring surgery, will likely bother Heyward for the rest of the season (i.e. “until Heyward gets extended rest in the offseason).
It’s been apparent for some time that he’s not been right, as he’s been hitting a mere .172/.274/.232 over his past 24 games. The league is figuring him out, but they didn’t figure him out that much that quickly.
The Braves are 14-10 over that stretch, and that’s not too bad, but if he isn’t able to figure out how to play with the pain and become productive again, Atlanta is going to need to go out and get a bat in order to stay competitive in the East.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)