Jun 28, 2010, 4:27 PM EST
David O’Brien reports that Jason Heyward is suffering from a strained thumb ligament that, while not requiring surgery, will likely bother Heyward for the rest of the season (i.e. “until Heyward gets extended rest in the offseason).
It’s been apparent for some time that he’s not been right, as he’s been hitting a mere .172/.274/.232 over his past 24 games. The league is figuring him out, but they didn’t figure him out that much that quickly.
The Braves are 14-10 over that stretch, and that’s not too bad, but if he isn’t able to figure out how to play with the pain and become productive again, Atlanta is going to need to go out and get a bat in order to stay competitive in the East.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)