Jun 28, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
I was just thinking about I’m not coming out the game until I give
up a hit or a home run, whichever one comes first.
– Edwin Jackson, on concerns about his pitch count during his no-hitter Friday night. If you take him literally, wouldn’t he have stayed in the game if he gave up a homer? Because then the no-hitter would still be intact . . .
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)