Jun 28, 2010, 8:42 PM EDT
Ryan Dempster, on what (former) rotation-mate Carlos Zambrano should do following his suspension-earning dugout tirade:
When you do those things and react the way he did you have to be the one to stand up and go out there and accept responsibility. I think he will be willing to do that but we’ll have to wait and see. I can’t make speculations because I don’t know what’s going to happen. Whatever happens, happens and we’re just worried about going out and winning the ball game tonight.
Asked about Zambrano having dinner with White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen hours after the incident, Dempster said:
Me? Would I do it? No. But to each their own. When you’re away from the field you can go hang out with whoever you want to hang out with and have dinner with whoever you want to eat with. I know [Zambrano and Guillen] are really good friends away from the field, and they talk a lot and they see each other a lot in the offseason. He’s free to do whatever he wants.
All things considered, I’d say that’s a pretty reasoned response from Dempster.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 12
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 214
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 139
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (216)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (140)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)