Jun 28, 2010, 8:42 PM EDT
Ryan Dempster, on what (former) rotation-mate Carlos Zambrano should do following his suspension-earning dugout tirade:
When you do those things and react the way he did you have to be the one to stand up and go out there and accept responsibility. I think he will be willing to do that but we’ll have to wait and see. I can’t make speculations because I don’t know what’s going to happen. Whatever happens, happens and we’re just worried about going out and winning the ball game tonight.
Asked about Zambrano having dinner with White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen hours after the incident, Dempster said:
Me? Would I do it? No. But to each their own. When you’re away from the field you can go hang out with whoever you want to hang out with and have dinner with whoever you want to eat with. I know [Zambrano and Guillen] are really good friends away from the field, and they talk a lot and they see each other a lot in the offseason. He’s free to do whatever he wants.
All things considered, I’d say that’s a pretty reasoned response from Dempster.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 54
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 31
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)