Jun 28, 2010, 6:57 PM EST
The designation is not as surprising as the way in which it is being reported. Here’s MLB.com’s Carrie Muskat:
Cubs announce Carlos Zambrano on ML restricted list
starting Tues and will start treatment Wed.
Electroshock treatment? Insanity aversion therapy? Hosing him down like the resident of a Victorian-era lunatic asylum? A lobotomy?
For the second time today I will plead to the lack of a medical degree, but my view of things is that Zambrano guy is just an antisocial hothead which, last time I checked, was a disposition, not an illness that required treatment. But hey, if the Cubs need the roster space, let them have the roster space.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)