Jun 28, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
The designation is not as surprising as the way in which it is being reported. Here’s MLB.com’s Carrie Muskat:
Cubs announce Carlos Zambrano on ML restricted list
starting Tues and will start treatment Wed.
Electroshock treatment? Insanity aversion therapy? Hosing him down like the resident of a Victorian-era lunatic asylum? A lobotomy?
For the second time today I will plead to the lack of a medical degree, but my view of things is that Zambrano guy is just an antisocial hothead which, last time I checked, was a disposition, not an illness that required treatment. But hey, if the Cubs need the roster space, let them have the roster space.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (106)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)