Jun 28, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
The designation is not as surprising as the way in which it is being reported. Here’s MLB.com’s Carrie Muskat:
Cubs announce Carlos Zambrano on ML restricted list
starting Tues and will start treatment Wed.
Electroshock treatment? Insanity aversion therapy? Hosing him down like the resident of a Victorian-era lunatic asylum? A lobotomy?
For the second time today I will plead to the lack of a medical degree, but my view of things is that Zambrano guy is just an antisocial hothead which, last time I checked, was a disposition, not an illness that required treatment. But hey, if the Cubs need the roster space, let them have the roster space.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 129
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (134)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (101)