Jun 28, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
The designation is not as surprising as the way in which it is being reported. Here’s MLB.com’s Carrie Muskat:
Cubs announce Carlos Zambrano on ML restricted list
starting Tues and will start treatment Wed.
Electroshock treatment? Insanity aversion therapy? Hosing him down like the resident of a Victorian-era lunatic asylum? A lobotomy?
For the second time today I will plead to the lack of a medical degree, but my view of things is that Zambrano guy is just an antisocial hothead which, last time I checked, was a disposition, not an illness that required treatment. But hey, if the Cubs need the roster space, let them have the roster space.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)