Jun 28, 2010, 6:57 PM EST
The designation is not as surprising as the way in which it is being reported. Here’s MLB.com’s Carrie Muskat:
Cubs announce Carlos Zambrano on ML restricted list
starting Tues and will start treatment Wed.
Electroshock treatment? Insanity aversion therapy? Hosing him down like the resident of a Victorian-era lunatic asylum? A lobotomy?
For the second time today I will plead to the lack of a medical degree, but my view of things is that Zambrano guy is just an antisocial hothead which, last time I checked, was a disposition, not an illness that required treatment. But hey, if the Cubs need the roster space, let them have the roster space.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)