Jun 29, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Mike Minor, the seventh overall pick in the 2009 draft out of Vanderbilt, was moved up to Triple-A Gwinnett after Monday’s game.
Many questioned the Braves’ pick of Minor given the team’s usual preference for upside high in the draft and Minor’s apparent lack thereof. The 22-year-old Minor, though, struck out 109 batters in 87 innings for Double-A Mississippi. He had a 4.03 ERA, but that he missed to many bats and limited hitters to a .233 average seems to bode well for his future.
Minor and fellow top pitching prospect Julio Teheran will be the Braves’ representitives at the All-Star Futures Game next month.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)