Jun 29, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Mike Minor, the seventh overall pick in the 2009 draft out of Vanderbilt, was moved up to Triple-A Gwinnett after Monday’s game.
Many questioned the Braves’ pick of Minor given the team’s usual preference for upside high in the draft and Minor’s apparent lack thereof. The 22-year-old Minor, though, struck out 109 batters in 87 innings for Double-A Mississippi. He had a 4.03 ERA, but that he missed to many bats and limited hitters to a .233 average seems to bode well for his future.
Minor and fellow top pitching prospect Julio Teheran will be the Braves’ representitives at the All-Star Futures Game next month.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 61
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11