Jun 29, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
The Braves aren’t the only team dealing with a thumb injury to a
superstar: Chase Utley jammed his thumb sliding into second in last
night’s game and had to leave the game.
We’re still not sure how
bad his problem is — he’ll have an MRI today — but any lost time for
him would obviously be a big blow. And not just on the field.
Psychologically too, if Matt Gleb’s article about it in the Inquirer is any
indication. All of the Phillies players seemed rather shell shocked
that Utley — who plays through injuries all the time — actually had to
leave this game.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)