Jun 29, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
The Braves aren’t the only team dealing with a thumb injury to a
superstar: Chase Utley jammed his thumb sliding into second in last
night’s game and had to leave the game.
We’re still not sure how
bad his problem is — he’ll have an MRI today — but any lost time for
him would obviously be a big blow. And not just on the field.
Psychologically too, if Matt Gleb’s article about it in the Inquirer is any
indication. All of the Phillies players seemed rather shell shocked
that Utley — who plays through injuries all the time — actually had to
leave this game.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 67
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 11
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)