Jun 29, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
The Braves aren’t the only team dealing with a thumb injury to a
superstar: Chase Utley jammed his thumb sliding into second in last
night’s game and had to leave the game.
We’re still not sure how
bad his problem is — he’ll have an MRI today — but any lost time for
him would obviously be a big blow. And not just on the field.
Psychologically too, if Matt Gleb’s article about it in the Inquirer is any
indication. All of the Phillies players seemed rather shell shocked
that Utley — who plays through injuries all the time — actually had to
leave this game.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 9
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)