Jun 29, 2010, 11:17 AM EST
The Braves aren’t the only team dealing with a thumb injury to a
superstar: Chase Utley jammed his thumb sliding into second in last
night’s game and had to leave the game.
We’re still not sure how
bad his problem is — he’ll have an MRI today — but any lost time for
him would obviously be a big blow. And not just on the field.
Psychologically too, if Matt Gleb’s article about it in the Inquirer is any
indication. All of the Phillies players seemed rather shell shocked
that Utley — who plays through injuries all the time — actually had to
leave this game.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 27
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)