Jun 29, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
It’s not an official demotion — remember, Ollie was “injured” — but Andy Martino reports that Perez has given his consent to the Mets, as he must, to begin a rehab assignment in the minors. He starts tomorrow for St. Lucie.
I’d chalk Perez’s change of heart up to reality — in the form of the Mets turning their season around and winning a ton of games the moment he left — smacking him right in the face.
Look for him to rejoin the big league club sometime after the seventh Thursday in July.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)