Jun 29, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
It’s not an official demotion — remember, Ollie was “injured” — but Andy Martino reports that Perez has given his consent to the Mets, as he must, to begin a rehab assignment in the minors. He starts tomorrow for St. Lucie.
I’d chalk Perez’s change of heart up to reality — in the form of the Mets turning their season around and winning a ton of games the moment he left — smacking him right in the face.
Look for him to rejoin the big league club sometime after the seventh Thursday in July.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)