Jun 29, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
It’s not an official demotion — remember, Ollie was “injured” — but Andy Martino reports that Perez has given his consent to the Mets, as he must, to begin a rehab assignment in the minors. He starts tomorrow for St. Lucie.
I’d chalk Perez’s change of heart up to reality — in the form of the Mets turning their season around and winning a ton of games the moment he left — smacking him right in the face.
Look for him to rejoin the big league club sometime after the seventh Thursday in July.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)