Jun 29, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
It’s not an official demotion — remember, Ollie was “injured” — but Andy Martino reports that Perez has given his consent to the Mets, as he must, to begin a rehab assignment in the minors. He starts tomorrow for St. Lucie.
I’d chalk Perez’s change of heart up to reality — in the form of the Mets turning their season around and winning a ton of games the moment he left — smacking him right in the face.
Look for him to rejoin the big league club sometime after the seventh Thursday in July.
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 7
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 83
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 59
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (76)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)