Jun 29, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
It’s not an official demotion — remember, Ollie was “injured” — but Andy Martino reports that Perez has given his consent to the Mets, as he must, to begin a rehab assignment in the minors. He starts tomorrow for St. Lucie.
I’d chalk Perez’s change of heart up to reality — in the form of the Mets turning their season around and winning a ton of games the moment he left — smacking him right in the face.
Look for him to rejoin the big league club sometime after the seventh Thursday in July.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 0
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 29
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 20
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)