Jun 29, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
“We don’t negotiate in public, but I would find it highly, highly
unlikely if both of them were not back with the Yankees. Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera are the Yankees.”
– Yankees President Randy Levine, kinda negotiating in public with Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera over their next contracts.
Not that this is a big deal or anything. I mean really, are Jeter and Rivera honestly going to take that mild, subtle pressure from Levine as an invitation to start planning their futures with, like, the Rockies or the Angels or something?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)