Jun 29, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
What with the late start to the day due to the gremlins in the HBT engine, I neglected my usual morning practice of perusing video highlights from the previous night’s games, instead relying on the box scores. As a result, I missed a nice one: Randy Winn giving the old alley-oop treatment to what should have been a warning track fly for Mark Reynolds, turning it into a home run.
Well, maybe not “nice,” especially for Randy Winn, but ever since Jose Canseco pulled that stuff with his noggin lo those many years ago, I have always gotten a chuckle out of those kinds of plays.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (89)