Jun 29, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
What with the late start to the day due to the gremlins in the HBT engine, I neglected my usual morning practice of perusing video highlights from the previous night’s games, instead relying on the box scores. As a result, I missed a nice one: Randy Winn giving the old alley-oop treatment to what should have been a warning track fly for Mark Reynolds, turning it into a home run.
Well, maybe not “nice,” especially for Randy Winn, but ever since Jose Canseco pulled that stuff with his noggin lo those many years ago, I have always gotten a chuckle out of those kinds of plays.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)