Jun 29, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
What with the late start to the day due to the gremlins in the HBT engine, I neglected my usual morning practice of perusing video highlights from the previous night’s games, instead relying on the box scores. As a result, I missed a nice one: Randy Winn giving the old alley-oop treatment to what should have been a warning track fly for Mark Reynolds, turning it into a home run.
Well, maybe not “nice,” especially for Randy Winn, but ever since Jose Canseco pulled that stuff with his noggin lo those many years ago, I have always gotten a chuckle out of those kinds of plays.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)