Jun 29, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
What with the late start to the day due to the gremlins in the HBT engine, I neglected my usual morning practice of perusing video highlights from the previous night’s games, instead relying on the box scores. As a result, I missed a nice one: Randy Winn giving the old alley-oop treatment to what should have been a warning track fly for Mark Reynolds, turning it into a home run.
Well, maybe not “nice,” especially for Randy Winn, but ever since Jose Canseco pulled that stuff with his noggin lo those many years ago, I have always gotten a chuckle out of those kinds of plays.
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 5
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 3
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 4
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)