Jun 29, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
What with the late start to the day due to the gremlins in the HBT engine, I neglected my usual morning practice of perusing video highlights from the previous night’s games, instead relying on the box scores. As a result, I missed a nice one: Randy Winn giving the old alley-oop treatment to what should have been a warning track fly for Mark Reynolds, turning it into a home run.
Well, maybe not “nice,” especially for Randy Winn, but ever since Jose Canseco pulled that stuff with his noggin lo those many years ago, I have always gotten a chuckle out of those kinds of plays.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)