Jun 29, 2010, 5:12 PM EDT
In light of Polanco and Utley getting sent to the DL, I was actually kind of worried that if the Mets traded for Cliff Lee, half of Philadelphia would commit suicide. It’s after five, though, and Lee is set to start tonight so I’m guessing it won’t happen because no one ever works late in baseball, right?
But it could. It may even be more likely now than we thought, because another potential target for the Mets — Roy Oswalt — seems to be off their radar. That according to Jon Paul Morosi, who tweets that the Mets “aren’t a serious
player for Oswalt, I’m told.”
I like little bits of gossip and everything, but that’s vague even for my tastes. Does it mean that the Mets aren’t interested because they have fixed their sights on Lee or someone else? Does it mean that they are interested and actively trying, but that they simply aren’t meeting Houston’s demands? It could be anything.
Look, I know everyone wants to look like they have the inside scoop on everything, but when your gossip is so vague that it has any number of conflicting implications, I think you probably owe it to your readers and everyone to provide a tad more. Like, say, which team is doing the telling.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 24
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)