Jun 29, 2010, 5:12 PM EST
In light of Polanco and Utley getting sent to the DL, I was actually kind of worried that if the Mets traded for Cliff Lee, half of Philadelphia would commit suicide. It’s after five, though, and Lee is set to start tonight so I’m guessing it won’t happen because no one ever works late in baseball, right?
But it could. It may even be more likely now than we thought, because another potential target for the Mets — Roy Oswalt — seems to be off their radar. That according to Jon Paul Morosi, who tweets that the Mets “aren’t a serious
player for Oswalt, I’m told.”
I like little bits of gossip and everything, but that’s vague even for my tastes. Does it mean that the Mets aren’t interested because they have fixed their sights on Lee or someone else? Does it mean that they are interested and actively trying, but that they simply aren’t meeting Houston’s demands? It could be anything.
Look, I know everyone wants to look like they have the inside scoop on everything, but when your gossip is so vague that it has any number of conflicting implications, I think you probably owe it to your readers and everyone to provide a tad more. Like, say, which team is doing the telling.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 66
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 121
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)