Jun 29, 2010, 5:12 PM EDT
In light of Polanco and Utley getting sent to the DL, I was actually kind of worried that if the Mets traded for Cliff Lee, half of Philadelphia would commit suicide. It’s after five, though, and Lee is set to start tonight so I’m guessing it won’t happen because no one ever works late in baseball, right?
But it could. It may even be more likely now than we thought, because another potential target for the Mets — Roy Oswalt — seems to be off their radar. That according to Jon Paul Morosi, who tweets that the Mets “aren’t a serious
player for Oswalt, I’m told.”
I like little bits of gossip and everything, but that’s vague even for my tastes. Does it mean that the Mets aren’t interested because they have fixed their sights on Lee or someone else? Does it mean that they are interested and actively trying, but that they simply aren’t meeting Houston’s demands? It could be anything.
Look, I know everyone wants to look like they have the inside scoop on everything, but when your gossip is so vague that it has any number of conflicting implications, I think you probably owe it to your readers and everyone to provide a tad more. Like, say, which team is doing the telling.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 2
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 177
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (180)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)