Jun 29, 2010, 5:12 PM EDT
In light of Polanco and Utley getting sent to the DL, I was actually kind of worried that if the Mets traded for Cliff Lee, half of Philadelphia would commit suicide. It’s after five, though, and Lee is set to start tonight so I’m guessing it won’t happen because no one ever works late in baseball, right?
But it could. It may even be more likely now than we thought, because another potential target for the Mets — Roy Oswalt — seems to be off their radar. That according to Jon Paul Morosi, who tweets that the Mets “aren’t a serious
player for Oswalt, I’m told.”
I like little bits of gossip and everything, but that’s vague even for my tastes. Does it mean that the Mets aren’t interested because they have fixed their sights on Lee or someone else? Does it mean that they are interested and actively trying, but that they simply aren’t meeting Houston’s demands? It could be anything.
Look, I know everyone wants to look like they have the inside scoop on everything, but when your gossip is so vague that it has any number of conflicting implications, I think you probably owe it to your readers and everyone to provide a tad more. Like, say, which team is doing the telling.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 8
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 44
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)