Jun 29, 2010, 5:12 PM EST
In light of Polanco and Utley getting sent to the DL, I was actually kind of worried that if the Mets traded for Cliff Lee, half of Philadelphia would commit suicide. It’s after five, though, and Lee is set to start tonight so I’m guessing it won’t happen because no one ever works late in baseball, right?
But it could. It may even be more likely now than we thought, because another potential target for the Mets — Roy Oswalt — seems to be off their radar. That according to Jon Paul Morosi, who tweets that the Mets “aren’t a serious
player for Oswalt, I’m told.”
I like little bits of gossip and everything, but that’s vague even for my tastes. Does it mean that the Mets aren’t interested because they have fixed their sights on Lee or someone else? Does it mean that they are interested and actively trying, but that they simply aren’t meeting Houston’s demands? It could be anything.
Look, I know everyone wants to look like they have the inside scoop on everything, but when your gossip is so vague that it has any number of conflicting implications, I think you probably owe it to your readers and everyone to provide a tad more. Like, say, which team is doing the telling.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)